Is river tubing better in Dominica or Grenada?

kevinandrenay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I know it is subjective but where do you think the river tubing is better, Dominica or Grenada? We are looking for beautiful scenery and some good fast water / rapids.

Thanks,

Kevin

We have never been to Grenada, so I cannot comment on the river tubing experience there, but we did do the river tubing in Dominica and enjoyed that immensely. We had alot of fun floating and racing down the Layou River. There was also one spot where they stopped and everyone could get out of their tubes and go for a swim. Our River Tubing adventure took 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete and you are required to wear a life jacket and helmet.

For more details and to see photos of our excursion, check out my review in the link below:

(Posts #66-68)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...1038334&page=4

or watch it on my Youtube video

Hopefully this will help you to compare the River Tubing in Dominica to any information you can find on River Tubing in Grenada--and if the River Tubing in Dominica is still unavailable due to flooding when you are there, then you have the option of doing this in Grenada.

• 1 month later...
I know it is subjective but where do you think the river tubing is better, Dominica or Grenada? We are looking for beautiful scenery and some good fast water / rapids.

Thanks,

Kevin

We've done the river tubing in Dominica (with Antours) and in Grenada and loved both of them. The speed of the river will vary from week to week depending on the rain totals and such, so it's really impossible to say which will be faster at the time you're going.

If I had to pick which one I liked the most, I guess I'd go with Grenada. The water was moving a bit faster for us (they made us wear helmets), and the tour guides are located all down the river and they spin you as you pass and guide you to the faster moving areas. The guides were also doing flips and diving off the cliffs for us near the end of the tour which was really cool.

In Dominica, the water was moving for us at a very nice pace and it was beautiful scenery. I'd definitely tube there again, but I think we were giggling a bit more in Grenada.

Archived