Ketchikan Halibut Hunt

pattyj 1204

This is just an FYI regarding the Celebrity sponsored tour. If you are booking a Halibut Hunt ask to see what the boat will be like for your tour. My husband went on a hunt and didn't find out until he showed up on the dock that the boat was a 20ft. open boat. I don't have a photo of it, but I'm glad I didn't go with him. It was pouring rain, windy with very choppy waters. There were 4 persons in the boat and it made for tight quarters. The guide did provide rain gear, but with nowhere to get out of the rain it made for a long tour. They caught about 4 fish and none of them were Halibut--Rock fish and turbot. Husband knew that no one can guarantee fish on a fishing charter, so that wasn't the issue. It was extremely rough and the tour probably should have been cancelled, and a refund offered. But they went out and all the guys were glad to be safely back at the ship. Just ask about the type of boat that you are going in and if they cancel for rough weather/seas.

Archived