room assignment

m-mello

Need your help. We were just upgraded from BF category on Caribbean Princess to Stateroom R701 Category BC. Anybody know anything about this room? Like is it noisey since it is under the entrance to Horizon Court...does it have a good view from balcony, is the balcony covered?? First time we have done guarantee room and not picked the room ourselves.

Does Horizon Court close now at 11p.m.....??

Thanks!

The balcony is covered and you will have a nice view. However, it may very well be noisy being under the Horizon Court. I know the one time I was under the buffet I was awoken early a.m. hours daily. I never booked a cabin under the Lido deck again.

There are a lot of BC cabins on Aloha deck, where you have cabins above and below you and it will be quiet. You could call Princess or your TA and see if they are willing to switch you into a BC category cabin on Aloha deck.

I see several Aloha deck BC category cabins open; you can call your TA or Princess, whoever you booked with, and request to be switched to one of those. Any BC on Aloha would be, in my opinion, better than an aft BC on Riviera, because you wouldn't be under a public deck.

Thanks so much for your information, I will definitely take your advice and check on the Aloha deck.

How do you find the rooms that are available?

I went through the booking process on Princess's site and when I clicked on BC category, it showed me six of the cabin numbers that were available (it only shows six at a time). Two of them were on Aloha deck; I entered a random couple other Aloha cabin numbers and they, too, were open. For instance, A638 was open and I personally like that location, more toward the aft elevators and not far from the laundry room.

As I said, if you booked through a TA, give them a call -- they can see everything open and so it's probably faster to call them -- and have the deck plans open so you can check where the open cabins are.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, but I must be really dense or it is late and I am tired, but I still can't figure out what rooms are available. What am I missing? Did what you told me! UGH....

Do a dummy booking on the Princess website and when you get to the end there will be a box to insert a cabin number to look for a particular cabin. If you cannot figure it out, then just forget about that.

Call Princess or your TA tomorrow and ask if you can be switched to a BC cabin on Aloha deck. Any cabin on Aloha deck (forward, midship or aft) will be better than being under the Lido deck in my view. They may or may not switch you, but it is certainly worth a try. If they do switch you, I would not be too picky about a particular cabin on Aloha deck. I would just take what is offered. After all, you are sailing guaranteed and they have no obligation to switch you at all.

We booked an AE guarantee over 4 months ago and our cruise leaves in a month but we are still waiting for our assignment. All of the mini suites have been on waitlist for a couple of months now, so we just hope that we have our cabin prior to departing. We've done that twice before and were assigned an AB one time and AA another, both almost immediately. And my MIL and SIL are on our upcoming cruise, booked an M guarantee and were quickly assigned a J. No rhyme or reason to it, but patience and being happy with what you get are really important when you choose to book a guarantee.

Archived