What else to do in Fort Lauderdale

robgvic

And this stated by someone named Pete? :eek: LOL. I guess there is another guy out there other than mine who likes to shop. :D

Pia too funny not so much the shopping but the puttering around in some really great stores and plenty of places to eat as well

Pete

Any suggestions about "airboat" side trips in the swamps?

My friends did a trip like that through RCI a couple of years ago post cruise with airport drop off. They really liked it. I looked on Princess' site and they only show a tour like that "in transit only", available on their World Cruise only. I was hoping to do the same thing with a later flight.:(

My friends did a trip like that through RCI a couple of years ago post cruise with airport drop off. They really liked it. I looked on Princess' site and they only show a tour like that "in transit only", available on their World Cruise only. I was hoping to do the same thing with a later flight.:(

Princess may offer this tour, but usually you can only sign up for it on board.

Just to throw something different in the mix, there are also a lot of outfits offering airboat rides. We were there in January '10 for the Orange Bowl (Go Hawks!) and did that from Ft. Lauderdale. I think the closest is not too far, out by Sawgrass, but we went further south, which I think was more in the Everglades. Think the drive was about an hour, but we had a good time. Of course there was near record cold in Florida that winter, so it was chilly even for us Iowans, but I think that it would be fine if temperatures are normal.

Edited to add - Oops, I didn't see that there was a 2nd page until I posted this, so I now see airboats have been mentioned.

Archived