door decorations

jaredcoreymama

Doors aren't magnetic, they discourage the use of tape, and not many people do decorate.

I did on my last cruise and even though I walked down the long hallways I didn't see any other doors dolled up. A couple of our group did have posters up mentioning it was a wedding cruise.

If it feels good, do it. If it is a pain to carry all the stuff around in your luggage, leave it at home.

When we were on the Victory this past January, people did decorate.

What I saw seemed to be a a group of rooms that were together. Ramdomly on our floor you would see a small wooden horseshoe with a name or pic with it. And the other one was what looked like a childs dance troop. The dance troops decoration was about the size of a piece of contruction paper.

My dad decorated the room I shared with my sisters with a tiny piece of black tape in the corner of the door. But that was so we could find the room after a few at 4am.:D He said something about how it's rude to try your key in everydoor till you find yours.:rolleyes:

When we travel on or near a holiday I buy the gel cling decorations from Target or a party or dollar store. We have also found tropical theme decorations when traveling with a group. It is fun to decorate our row of doors with stuff. We have also then taken the decorations and put them on other doors in our hallway.

Fun to spot the traveling decorations.

We decorated our door and the doors of the group we were with on our last cruise last week on the Triumph. First time we did it. We put up fish decorations with scotch tape. Went on very easy and tape came off very easy. Made sure I didn't leave any pieces of tape on the doors. Everyone in our group loved the decorations and it allowed the younger kids to find their rooms a lot easier. (For each room we put a different fish towards the lower center of the door so they knew which room was theirs) If we ever travel with a group again, we will certainly do this again since it worked out so well this time. Sadly over the course of the cruise some of the fish started coming up missing but we expected that. Just sad how people can steal things like that.:(

Archived