Oasis - sold out for spring break '12?

Hi,

I was just looking at Oasis the day before yesterday to book a balcony cabin for my family of four on the 3/31 sailing. I went on a few websites today (including RCCL) and it is showing (now updated) ALL CABINS are sold out for 4 people? Really?

Do you think this is just because of the recent sale? I would think (hope) that some of these will cancel, but we were really hoping to nail this down soon. Any thoughts or suggestions? I am surprised that in a day everything is gone.

Thanks

Christie

Hi,

I was just looking at Oasis the day before yesterday to book a balcony cabin for my family of four on the 3/31 sailing. I went on a few websites today (including RCCL) and it is showing all balconies are sold out? Really?

Do you think this is just because of the recent sale? I would think (hope) that some of these will cancel, but we were really hoping to nail this down soon. Any thoughts or suggestions? I am surprised that in a day everything is gone.

Thanks

Christie

I'm not sure where you checked... but I used my TAs website and found plenty of oceanview balconies available.

**edit** just realized you said for a family of 4. Yes that sounds very possible as there aren't a lot of rooms like that to accomodate your needs and families book those well in advance for that reason. You're probably better off finding 2 adjoining rooms.

033112.JPG.ccc182b2e3e7406b0b433f9fc32fa067.JPG

033112d1.JPG.b39ed0dc01ad39aff96ee9b7278d5f05.JPG

I booked Oasis for 3/24/12 a few weeks ago. I was decideing between the Oasis and Allure on 4/1/12, we needed a triple and a double. The triples on Allure were already sold out back then, so I believe it.:eek:

Spring Break equals lots of kids, so the trips and quads go early, and it's only 6 months away.

Good news is they tend to open up when final payment is due!;)

Sometimes they do sell out of quad cabins especially during prime family time. Spring breakers don't mind cramming 4 in one room.

Usually during these prime times, the cost of a 3rd/4th in a room is almost the same as the cost for a lower category cabin. In this case, it might not be too much of a difference to book two cabins.

You didn't say if the others in your party are young children We usually put our children in an inside cabin that's across the hall from our balcony. Since this enables us to get a lower category balcony, the price is about the same as putting 4 in a quad cabin.

You can look into connecting cabins if you have children that aren't old enough to be placed across the hall from you

Some of our family members (5 adults, 2 kids) wanted 2 adjoining balcony cabins - by the time they got the info from the TA and made a decision a day later, the cabins were gone. And that was for the 4/7/12 sailing. So, amazingly even with the high prices during that holiday week, those cabins sell quickly.

BTW, they were able to get other cabins so we are joining them for a nice family vacation.

So I called RC and yes, b/c of the 3/4 capacity rule they are booked for that sailing. I did look at a balcony and interior across the hall, but it was $1000 more than I wanted to spend. SO, we are waitlisted (with a deposit)on the Oasis for a quad, and booked on the Freedom (same issue there too) with a balcony and interior for less than the quad room on Oasis. A bonus (for us) is that Freedom has an extra port -Grand Cayman - and my youngest son is ready to brave the stingrays again! He was terrified when we went when he was 5!

I know it's not Oasis, but our boys are only 7 & 9 and we have never been on Freedom so they (or us) will not know the difference! We have had the 2 cabin set up before on Princess, and shared a cabin on Carnival, and it really is nice to have the extra room and bathroom! I'll probably keep checking, and hope that they have cancellations on Oasis, but at least we are on a ship!!!

Thanks everyone!

Archived