Quest Speed Tests?

CruiserKit

Received an e-mail from some client's that I have booked on the Quest from Istanbul to Venice. They found out that the "Welcome Aboard" cocktail party on the second night (formal night) would be at 10pm. instead of the usual 6pm. At 5pm that night the captain made an announcement that they would be conducting Speed Test's from 4am until 7am that night. When they arrived to the Grand Salon for the cocktail party, the cruise director made an announcement that the captain would not be attending as he had to get ready for the Speed Test's. Only the Doctor and two other officers showed up. She said that there were also no hosted tables in the Dining Room that night before the cocktail party. She said that many passengers were not happy and they all wondered what was going on. If anyone hears anything regarding this, please post.

Wow CruiserKit!

I would be very disapponted to find out that there were no hosted tables, then to rush through dinner to attend a "late" welcome onboard party, to find out that the Captain wouldn't be attending. Do you know if the Hotel Manager stepped in?

Host Dan

Most of the Quest sailings this summer were 7 dayers ~

Kit, was your client aboard for 7 days or a 14 day back-to-back?

I have never heard of a scenario quite like this ~ even nights of terrible storms, when few passengers are upright the "show goes on...." and the Captain and his Officers host dinner tables.

MB

MB

This was a published 14 day cruise. And your right, the show always "goes on" especially with GA at the helm. I am hoping to get another e-mail from my client letting me know what they found out on board. I am wondering if they will reschedule another cocktail party??

Kit

In my years of sailing Seabourn I've never heard of this ever happening ~ once when Captain R. Lorentzen ('believe it was either 05 or 06) was very sick he dressed and hosted his reception ~as I remember he hosted a table but left the dining room early.

I would bet Captain GA was slightly upset!:eek:

MB

• 2 weeks later...

If this was the cruise that started in Istanbul on Sept 12th the formal night certainly had hosted tables. We were invited to the Captain's table and had a very enjoyable evening, we were very interested to hear about the upcoming trial which I believe was checking the ship at certain speed ranges for vibrations.

If this was the cruise that started in Istanbul on Sept 12th the formal night certainly had hosted tables. We were invited to the Captain's table and had a very enjoyable evening, we were very interested to hear about the upcoming trial which I believe was checking the ship at certain speed ranges for vibrations.

I'm curious to know if the vibrations were all good...... or not at all experienced;)...

Marja

Archived