Our Review: Carnival Miracle from NYC **with pics!

shonandsuzie

Thanks for the pics showing surroundings.

Question: You guys boarded in Manhattan? -on the Hudson? -around 50th. Street?

or did you board at Red Hook in Brooklyn? -on the other side of Manhattan.

Your background scenery looks like Manhattan, I think?

but I just want to clarify, since we cruise on GLORY out of Manhattan in 3 wks. time

and am looking to familiarise myself with where we have to go, to board.

Yes, Manhattan pier 88 was ours which was near 50th. Our hotel was on 54th and it was darn near a straight shot. Our friends cruised on Glory the weekend before we left which was from the same spot as ours.

It is kind of congested in that area with the loop around turns, too. Obviously, the taxi and Limos know how and where to go but if we were driving we would have been stressed out.

Well, second to you guys that is!

Did Anthony see the pictures from the weird shop? I posted them on my FB just for him... :rolleyes::D I am going to add some more later.

I already stole them from your fb page... he was mad at me for not taking more pics so you saved me!!!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

That review was amazing! I just had a de ja vu of our sailing in July via your comments and pictures. We already have our 4th Miracle aft wrap cruise booked for next July. Four in a row for the same week for the last four years. She is an amazing ship with great staff. I really don't care where she sails and my favorite is the same as you the two sea days down and back. Thank you so much for the great memories!

Great review. Your pictures are post card worthy. There were some that I would have swore I was looking at a postcard. When you camera broke, could you just not get the pictures? There are memory card recovery programs. I had to buy one to recover the pictures from my grandson's memory card from NY when he accidently deleted all his pictures.

You guys seem like a really happy couple...that's not always the sense one gets from looking at the pictures people post of their cruises but you two seem genuinely in love and so happy to be together. Just thought I would mention that :) Great review!

Loved your review!! we cruise on the miricale for the first time in march 2012! Im so excited now ! I love your pictures and wish you had sailed the route we are taking because you give great discriptions!! I enjoyed the pictures and your story telling so much!! you are so funny and im sure great to have as a friend on a cruise!! thanks again and congrats on your anniversary:D

Great review. Your pictures are post card worthy. There were some that I would have swore I was looking at a postcard. When you camera broke, could you just not get the pictures? There are memory card recovery programs. I had to buy one to recover the pictures from my grandson's memory card from NY when he accidently deleted all his pictures.

Really?! I still have the camera with the memory card in it and keep saying that I am going to take it somewhere and ask for help-just in case. I was talking to someone recently who said I may have pushed "format" on accident which would have erased them all to re-format the memory card.:confused:

Regarding the "postcard" looking photos, I thought that too yesterday when I was picking from the Sheraton resort pictures. I cannot believe how clear they all turned out. I was laughing telling Shon that Sheraton should pay me for advertising for them! LOL

What a fun review! So different from our cruise since we had DS8- lol! We LOVED the Miracle and NYC (and all the ports too!). Can't wait to read more!

P.S. I LOVE your cabin! I really want to book one of the aft wraps. . .sigh. . .hopefully next year!

Man, I read (and re-read) your review as we were waiting for our cruise. You did great! I have never cruised with a little kid. We took our sons but they were in high school so that's much different, I know. I love cruising with just the 2 of us because we can just "be". When our kids are around we have to "behave". ;)

Hi Suzie!!! Back to work here too...poor Kevin was rocking for a few days after! Almost didnt go back to work Sunday night, I think it was just an excuse to extend vacation.

Now we start planning our next one for my 50th!

Hey Donna!!! For the first time, I kind of "swayed" when we got back for a day or so too. That ship was definately moving more than most!

Wooo hoooo on the upcoming 50th!:D

LOVE the Miracle and LOVE this itin. We also had aft wraps on both the Miracle and Spirit (sister ship) but we were one deck above, cabin 8268. Only difference I can see is that the "bar" in the vanity area was much longer. Thanks for sharing this. We did this cruise in 2010 and again last May and are keeping our fingers crossed we'll be able to book it for May, 2012 also! ;):p

We noticed, when taking pics of the back, that 8 and I think 4 had a little larger balconies. When we booked, one was open on 8 and three on 7 and we picked 7 b/c we didnt want to be under Lido deck due to some issues we had with noise on a previous cruise.

As we sailed out along the Hudson, we wished we would have booked the other side though- to be closer to the Statue of Liberty. (Of course, we passed it again coming in...but woke up just AFTER we passed it. We would have been on the right side that time. Figures :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great review. We love the Miracle and will sail her for the fourth time in May.

We had a regular aft balcony cabin and loved it. (Got to see it in your pictures). Two of our friends had the wrap around suites on each side of us. We had some cocktails there and did sail away from one of them.

I learned a lot from your review, thanks for the photos!We are sailing this week on the Miracle, my 4th trip on that ship.

We have the alternate route San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk.

Ipanema-

Could I ask.. do you have any plans yet for San Juan? We've done this itinerary once, and we'll be doing it again next summer, and SJ was the only port where we were very unprepared and therefore blamed it on the port. If you read my review I downright hated it :o, but in hindsight I know it's because we didn't plan well. I think it's meant to be a nightlife kinda port seeing as you're docked 3pm to Midnight. Seldom do people sail this itin and less seldom do they come back and review it in full detail. Thanks for indulging my side-bar Suzie ;)

A few words (and of course pictures) about the aft of the ship:

We love the aft cabins. Obviously the balconies are larger (even the ones that aren't wraps or suites) but aft cabins are convenient to the dining room and buffet area, as well as, the lido deck.

232323232%7Ffp73266%3Enu%3D3276%3E%3B62%3E575%3EWSNRCG%3D3699%3A4984732%3Anu0mrj

OMG - THANK YOU for posting these!!! We are aft lovers too and you're right about the 'community' feel back there! Our group will have five afts on our upcoming cruise but I've never sailed a spirit class ship. Our last cruise on Liberty was incredible - two floors up to Lido, two floors down to dining - extremely convenient! I guess the only difference will be elevator useage as we'll be on deck 5 - or I can just suck it up and do the stairs :o. How about bars close by - which was your favorite? I guess the only thing really opposite aft is the main show room? Loving your review - and you lucky ducks sailing again so soon :D

Really?! I still have the camera with the memory card in it and keep saying that I am going to take it somewhere and ask for help-just in case. I was talking to someone recently who said I may have pushed "format" on accident which would have erased them all to re-format the memory card.:confused:

Regarding the "postcard" looking photos, I thought that too yesterday when I was picking from the Sheraton resort pictures. I cannot believe how clear they all turned out. I was laughing telling Shon that Sheraton should pay me for advertising for them! LOL

I would try a recovery program first. It will recover pictures that you have deleted. I found out that even though you delete a picture, it is still there in the background. When I did the one for my grandson, I recovered almost 3 thousand pictures.

Some of these places should give people something in return. I have read a lot of reviews that have pictures worthy of being postcards. I may have missed it, but, what camera were you using? I have 2 cruises coming up and just may replace my camera, even though I have about 5 to choose from.

Great review Suzie! We love and miss yall. Loved seeing Shon sporting his Myrtle Beach tshirt. Please use that future cruise voucher on the Dream on September 1st, 2012!!

Yup! Myrtle Beach was represented!!! LOL He loves that shirt. And what's funny is the blue one was mine! He wanted the gray one. :rolleyes:

Dream, huh? I'll check it out. This certificate is being used on January's Victory though... and I do believe you guys should be joining us there!:cool::cool:

I may have missed it, but, what camera were you using? I have 2 cruises coming up and just may replace my camera, even though I have about 5 to choose from.

Well, by chance it is a Fujifilm Finepix. $100 camera we bought (thinking we would return it) on our recent Myrtle Beach trip. We really wanted the Casio Exilim but they didnt have one anywhere in the Myrtle Beach area so we bought this one b/c they said it was comparable. We ended up liking it alot but it is definately nothing fancy.

How about bars close by - which was your favorite? I guess the only thing really opposite aft is the main show room? Loving your review - and you lucky ducks sailing again so soon :D

Thanks. I feel lucky, honestly. We got home with like 25 days to wait until the next! Usually it's just 2 real vacations a year.

Bars: hmmm. I liked the one right outside of the dining room on 3. It was right off of the AFT elevators. But if I am being real, I would have to say that mostly we used our own personal "mini's ;) " bar most often...

I hated the sports bar. There was a bartender in there that was the worse ever! I wanted to tell him to just keep his stinky drink!

There was a waiter/bar guy named "Big D' who we got to know. He would be on the hustle everywhere. He claimed he "hooked" our drinks up but they were pretty weak from him. He was super cool though. It's just nice to know someone named "Big D' ;):eek:

Glad to say that WOOHOO, we just booked our Miracle Cruise!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooo double hoooooo!

I learned a lot from your review, thanks for the photos!

We are sailing this week on the Miracle, my 4th trip on that ship.

We have the alternate route San Juan, St Thomas and Grand Turk.

We liked the layout of the Miracle alot. Much better than the newer ships, IMO. The Lido deck area somehow seemed better too.

Luckily, our next cruise is on the Spirit so we get to experience it again :)

Archived