Forget bringing wine onboard; we want Bailey's!

If you like Bailey's you might try E & J Cask and Cream.... it's made with cream and brandy and has a slightly stronger taste than Bailey's. They also make a caramel version of Cask and Cream.

The best part is that, besides tasting better (to me, at least) it's about half the price of Bailey's. You probably won't find it on the ship, though.

Allen

WeBeCruisin - Yes, Bailey's is the MOST expensive of the lot. There are lot's of cheaper imitations too, but I found that some use Irish whiskey, but some use wine as a base, and that's why they are cheaper. I don't know if they list all the ingredients in the U.S. but here they have to.

...but in the end, it boils all down to taste, and it doesn't have to be the most expensive to be the best tasting, right?!

Peggy13 - Some Irish friends of ours introduced us to Sheridans liquor. Really cool how the decanter works, with the black and white seperated!!

It must be very popular here, because almost every LCBO carries it here (even in our little town). We haven't bought some for some time, preferring instead "Irish Mist" which we drink on the rocks, or in coffee (Irish Coffee's).

We'll bring you some when we pass through NJ in August to take the VOS to Bermuda!!!

If you like Bailey's you might try E & J Cask and Cream.... it's made with cream and brandy and has a slightly stronger taste than Bailey's. They also make a caramel version of Cask and Cream.

The best part is that' date=' besides tasting better (to me, at least) it's about half the price of Bailey's. You probably won't find it on the ship, though.

Allen[/quote']

I also love the Cask and Cream. Straight up I prefer Bailey's because it does have a smoother taste, but Cask and Cream works great if you're making Buttery Nipples or just adding it to your coffee.

This is my kind of cruise thread -

Bailey's in coffee for Breakfast, then there is the afternoon coffee pick me up, then the pre dinner drink on the rocks and of course just a chilled glass after dinner :D

Erin cruisers - I've called many liquor stores around and one guy said they stopped selling Sheridans here in NJ because of its shelf life. I guess it doesn't keep that long. But it is good. We will be cruising on the Mariner in July so hope to buy some then. You will love the Voyager - we sailed her 3 years ago!!

After reading all of your posts, I had this overwhelming desire for Bailey's! Before picking my daughter up from soccer practice, I had to stop at the store and buy a bottle. I haven't had any since Christmastime and am thoroughly enjoying my first glass! You guys should be getting kickbacks from the manufacturer LOL!

We made sure to bring a bottle of Bailey's on the Vision last April to the Mexican Riviera. It was taken from us and returned the last day. We did buy little bottles on the ship so we were OK. Interesting that sometimes it is confiscated and sometimes it is not? :(

We made sure to bring a bottle of Bailey's on the Vision last April to the Mexican Riviera. It was taken from us and returned the last day. We did buy little bottles on the ship so we were OK. Interesting that sometimes it is confiscated and sometimes it is not? :(

Did you have it in your carry-on? We put ours in our checked bags (in ziplock bags and bubble wrap).

Yes, we had it in our carry-on. My husband had a pocket knife in our checked-in luggage and after we got to our cabin we got a call and had to get off the ship and explain what the knife was for! (2 inch blade) We didn't let it ruin our cruise though, had the best time ever!

Last cruise on the Radiance we brought the small bottles everyone has been mentioning. We put those in with our toiletries and had no problem bringing them on board.:o

All this talk of Bailey's and all those tasty sounding drinks makes me want some right now!

Has anyone read the fine print on rccl website? It says that you can buy liquor on board and take it to your room to drink, if you pay retail (regular) price, not the duty free price. It doesn't say anything about a corkage fee, anyone heard about this?

[quote name='craftsnvines']Has anyone read the fine print on rccl website? It says that you can buy liquor on board and take it to your room to drink, if you pay retail (regular) price, not the duty free price. It doesn't say anything about a corkage fee, anyone heard about this?[/QUOTE]

The "corkage fee" would probably be the difference between duty-free and retail prices. On some of our RCCL cruises, if you bought multiple bottles in the liquor store, they would only charge the corkage fee for the first bottle.

Allen

I just called RCCL and they said I would get charged $9.50 extra, but I would be able to take it to my room immediately.Guests who purchase liquor onboard a Royal Caribbean International vessel from one of our gifts shops, for in-cabin consumption, will be sold the liquor at an in-cabin consumption rate (non-duty free rate which is comparable to retail rates), which in turn can be taken immediately to their cabin.
First time I heard this.

[quote name='Shanafan']They do have Baileys on the ship, and when I get a second I will go through my DVD that I made and let you know how much it is. I walked by the shops and noted some prices on my camcorder. Figured they may come in handy. :)

We bought Baileys liters for $11.95 at Rams in St Maarten, but I remember seeing it wasn't much less than on the ship----and not the hassle of buying too many bottles and getting charged duty on them....to bring home...not to drink on the ship.[/QUOTE]

I did not get the price of the Baileys on video, however I did note that Absolute was 2 for 19.95, Crown Royal 2 for $32, Cruzan Rum 4 for 29.95. That is what I remember off the top of my head.

Archived