British Airways flight to Rome 10.10.11Hi I wonder if anyone can help. We are taking

cruisingiscool

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. We are taking the fly cruise package offered by Celebrity and are flying from Heathrow airport on 10th October. We were offered the Alitalia flight which I did not want to do and are flying in with British Airways. DH is concerned that as we may be the only two to fly with BA (as the standard package is with Alitalia) then we may not be able to find a Celebrity rep to help us as they wont want to be standing around waiting for two different flights wth different airlines arriving at different times. Please could anyone allay his fears. I know we could just get a taxi if that happened so not a big deal but just wanted to know the routine. Thank you

I don't believe that they meet individual flights, but can be easily spotted (they hold signs) at baggage claim and/or after passport control. Since you are flying from inside the EU, you may not have the same passport control that USA passengers have, but I trust that others on this board will chime in that you have nothing to worry about.

Hi Cruisingiscool,

Last year we had a complete Celebrity Package, and there was a couple of Reps to meet us off flights to Miami,

they are in Uniform and have clipboards with the logo very easy to spot in amongst the crowds. They would be there

to meet all incoming flights with Celebrity Guests regardless of numbers on each flight.

You may be surprised and other passengers may be on your flight who have also opted for BA, and many

international flights use London as their hub, who do not fly direct to Italy.

Have a wonderful cruise :)

Don't worry.

I took a Celebrity transfer in 2009 from Rome (FCO airport) to Civitavecchia, and the Celebrity lady was easy to spot, holding a sign. She was right next to the luggage belts.

They have guests arriving on many different flights, so they basically have a coach go whenever it's full (they tend to send one off at least every 30 minutes or so).

Just make yourself known to the Celebrity representative, she'll tick your name on her clipboard and direct you to the bus.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you so much for your replies. I knew it had to be easy. We have never done Celebrity before, usually its Princess for us. Just over 2 weeks to go and I am so excited I could bounce! And me almost 60! DH has his mind put at eaase now and can relax and start sorting his tee shirts ready to pack.

Thanks again.

Hi I wonder if anyone can help. We are taking the fly cruise package offered by Celebrity and are flying from Heathrow airport on 10th October. We were offered the Alitalia flight which I did not want to do and are flying in with British Airways. DH is concerned that as we may be the only two to fly with BA (as the standard package is with Alitalia) then we may not be able to find a Celebrity rep to help us as they wont want to be standing around waiting for two different flights wth different airlines arriving at different times. Please could anyone allay his fears. I know we could just get a taxi if that happened so not a big deal but just wanted to know the routine. Thank you

Do not worry-deep breath. If you booked your fly/cruise via X then as soon as you clear immigration/passport control you should see people with white clipboards. The white clipboard people are waiting for you. X has your reservation so the clipboards will be looking for you. If you are really worried send an e-mail to X and ask exactly where their reps will be stationed.

Have a wonderful cruise

carole

Archived