question about trivia

ro

Hi,

we're considering a Disney cruise next spring to take the whole family. We usually cruise Celebrity and Princess and are big trivia buffs. We were wondering if Disney has regularly scheduled trivia games and what sort they are.

And, apologies if this has already been asked and answered:o

Its not all Disney trivia. We took part in TV theme song trivia (no Disney there). I remember going for trivia a few times on our first cruise, I am sure there was other non-Disney trivia but I don't remember what it was.

thanks for all the responses. It sounds as if Disney cruises aren't for real trivia buffs, but it should be fun for the family, so we'll enjoy all the other stuff they have:)

thanks for all the responses. It sounds as if Disney cruises aren't for real trivia buffs, but it should be fun for the family, so we'll enjoy all the other stuff they have:)

It depends who is on for cruise staff. I've seen both family trivia games (sometimes Disney-related, sometimes general knowledge) and adult-only trivia games (never Disney-related). I recently sailed on the Wonder and David (from Canada) was the Club Host. He is *extremely* into trivia and hosted at least 8 or 9 adult-only trivia games over the 7-night cruise. My friends and I won 3 of them -- 70's music trivia, TV catch phrase Trivia, and a general Pub Quiz. There was at least one other different Pub Quiz, an 80's music trivia, a much-advertised (and deservedly so) 100 Movie Quotes trivia, and 2 sports trivias. There may have been additional adult trivias that I'm forgetting. There were also several family trivia games but I didn't pay that much attention to them since we weren't travelling with kids.

• 2 weeks later...
It depends who is on for cruise staff. I've seen both family trivia games (sometimes Disney-related, sometimes general knowledge) and adult-only trivia games (never Disney-related). I recently sailed on the Wonder and David (from Canada) was the Club Host. He is *extremely* into trivia and hosted at least 8 or 9 adult-only trivia games over the 7-night cruise. My friends and I won 3 of them -- 70's music trivia, TV catch phrase Trivia, and a general Pub Quiz. There was at least one other different Pub Quiz, an 80's music trivia, a much-advertised (and deservedly so) 100 Movie Quotes trivia, and 2 sports trivias. There may have been additional adult trivias that I'm forgetting. There were also several family trivia games but I didn't pay that much attention to them since we weren't travelling with kids.

I'd have to second that point! I cruised last year with David, and as said, he was really into Trivia, so there was a lot, although we didn't participate as much. This year on the Magic we had Matt, who did a lot of adult trivia - pub quiz, team trivia, sports trivia, name that song etc - as well as your standard Disney trivia and Ultimate Disney Trivia (great for trivia buffs that are into Disney).

There was also decades music trivia with Kurtis on sea days, theme tunes and some family trivia stuff with TJ, and game shows like The Wheel or The Feud. It's not back to back trivia, but our days were always pretty busy! It really depends on your cruise staff, ours were awesome :D

Hi,

we're considering a Disney cruise next spring to take the whole family. We usually cruise Celebrity and Princess and are big trivia buffs. We were wondering if Disney has regularly scheduled trivia games and what sort they are.

And, apologies if this has already been asked and answered:o

We just got off the Wonder and attended several trivia games.

Movie quotes trivia

Disney movie music trivia

General Disney trivia

TV tune trivia

Movie tune trivia

There were probably others, but those were the ones that fit into our schedule.

:)

Archived