Geez, my cruise price has not changed...

I love my cat Licky

... in over a month! What's up with that?

I'm one week away from final payment and I am afraid that the price is going to drop after final payment. Since I am not booked with ES rate, but with Past Guest rate, this doesn't do me any good.

I don't understand why the rate is not changing since it still has MANY cabins that are still available.

I'm considering canceling and re-booking when there is a rate drop. :confused:

DON'T. I canceled my upcoming cruise a few days before final payment (wasn't sure whether I'd have the days off) and then rebooked a few weeks later only to pay $25pp more. I've been monitoring the rates like a hawk, and all they've done is go up. In fact, with a week and a half to go before sailing, there are cabins still left, but at $260pp more than what we paid 2 months ago.

Book the lowest category you'd be happy with. Then, if there are price drops after final payment, you can always upgrade to a higher category. This is what we did when we sailed last december. We went from an aft cabin on the riviera deck to a midship cabin on the empress deck.

Not all cruises see a price drop. We booked our Dream cruise almost 18 months out and never saw a price drop. In fact, the price kept going up and the category sold out. Carnival will often upsell lower categories to free up cheap cabins. So those cabins you see today may quickly be upsold or upgraded considering how close you are to final payment. Don't always bank on getting a price drop (with or without ES) because we didn't. Just try to book the lowest rate when you initially book.

... in over a month! What's up with that?

I'm one week away from final payment and I am afraid that the price is going to drop after final payment. Since I am not booked with ES rate, but with Past Guest rate, this doesn't do me any good.

I don't understand why the rate is not changing since it still has MANY cabins that are still available.

Certainly you can do whatever you desire but it seems that your cruise must be fairly popular or you would have seen rate reductions.

If that's the case and you cancel only to be faced with a rate increase you've gotten nowhere... except backwards. If you hold your current booking and there's a rate decrease after final payment you can most generally negotiate for an upgrade... It's better than nothing...

:)

Archived