Pearl Crew - A Butler Question

Jeebs

I will be in an aft penthouse (SF) stateroom on the Pearl in December. We will be on deck 10. Does anyone know if the crew will change before then? If the crew will not change does anyone have any reviews of the butler(s) that may cover that portion of the ship? I've heard mixed reviews recently concerning butler service and am looking for a possible heads up.

Thanks!

I will be in an aft penthouse (SF) stateroom on the Pearl in December. We will be on deck 10. Does anyone know if the crew will change before then? If the crew will not change does anyone have any reviews of the butler(s) that may cover that portion of the ship? I've heard mixed reviews recently concerning butler service and am looking for a possible heads up.

Thanks!

Some change of staff happens almost every week. There will be some changes this Sunday in Vancouver, some in LA next Friday and more when She reaches Miami in October. It is very hard to say who will specifically be where on a given date.

Some change of staff happens almost every week. There will be some changes this Sunday in Vancouver, some in LA next Friday and more when She reaches Miami in October. It is very hard to say who will specifically be where on a given date.

Thanks for the input.

I seem to remember reading here that people not only knew who was going to be on board at various times but knew when they would be rotating out as well.

Thanks for the input.

I seem to remember reading here that people not only knew who was going to be on board at various times but knew when they would be rotating out as well.

It depends on who you know and how well they keep you informed. My Staff member friends do a good job of keeping me informed. A schedule may say one thing this week and something else next week. I have had friends go vacation thinking next assignment is Ship A and it turns into Ship B or C.

We got off the Pearl this past Sunday and had a fabulous Butler in same location on Deck 10. He left the ship that morning for vacation; the new Butler came in to serve us Breakfast. Both were wonderful...and different. We think that the service one gets is, in part, a result of how you treat the Butler and how you explain what you desire. If you are demanding and arrogant, you don't get a warm fuzzy response. We always say there is "NO rush" because REALLY nothing the Butler does is that important that it HAS to happen immediately. We ask in ADVANCE so the Butler, who has many cabins, can schedule his/her day. We ask them about themselves and their families and get to know them. The Butlers do NOT get any money from the $12.00 tip pool. That covers the room stewards and the hundreds/thousands behind the scenes cutting up our fruit or making dessert and those who we seeing in the dining venues as well as many others. The Butlers reallllly want to do a good job and serve you well as their livelihood really does depend on it. Remember how busy they are, especially on emarkation day. Leave notes for them if you won't be there. If you reallllly think the Butler is realllly BAD, speak with the Concierge. Some Butlers are just not intrusive and will only do the bare minimum until asked for what you want. Just our experience. We start on boarding by telling him/her our Lavazza preferences and needs and by leaving a note immediately about which DVD's we'd like. We also say we don't need them right away. But that way he/she knows how to serve us when it fits into his schedule. Usually we get both handled on embarkation day though that's not our expectation. We also tell the Butler our cabin use patterns to make his job easier. We also tell him that if we've called or left a food order and our 'wheel' says, "do not disturb" to either ring the bell or call on the phone and we'll open the door. Sometimes we just forget it says that or sometimes we still want Butler service but no other interrruptions.

We got off the Pearl this past Sunday and had a fabulous Butler in same location on Deck 10. He left the ship that morning for vacation; the new Butler came in to serve us Breakfast. Both were wonderful...and different. We think that the service one gets is, in part, a result of how you treat the Butler and how you explain what you desire. If you are demanding and arrogant, you don't get a warm fuzzy response. We always say there is "NO rush" because REALLY nothing the Butler does is that important that it HAS to happen immediately. We ask in ADVANCE so the Butler, who has many cabins, can schedule his/her day. We ask them about themselves and their families and get to know them. The Butlers do NOT get any money from the $12.00 tip pool. That covers the room stewards and the hundreds/thousands behind the scenes cutting up our fruit or making dessert and those who we seeing in the dining venues as well as many others. The Butlers reallllly want to do a good job and serve you well as their livelihood really does depend on it. Remember how busy they are, especially on emarkation day. Leave notes for them if you won't be there. If you reallllly think the Butler is realllly BAD, speak with the Concierge. Some Butlers are just not intrusive and will only do the bare minimum until asked for what you want. Just our experience. We start on boarding by telling him/her our Lavazza preferences and needs and by leaving a note immediately about which DVD's we'd like. We also say we don't need them right away. But that way he/she knows how to serve us when it fits into his schedule. Usually we get both handled on embarkation day though that's not our expectation. We also tell the Butler our cabin use patterns to make his job easier. We also tell him that if we've called or left a food order and our 'wheel' says, "do not disturb" to either ring the bell or call on the phone and we'll open the door. Sometimes we just forget it says that or sometimes we still want Butler service but no other interrruptions.

Awesome, considerate post. :)

Archived