San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

Yes, it is an unusual day for SF. Three ships to see: Sapphire Princess and Radiance making stops on their way north, and Infinity starting it's voyage here. We will be heading to the dock to board the Infinity for an 11 day Alaska cruise. This will be a great way to compare ship designs and sizes (though they are all about the same size). David

Yes, it is an unusual day for SF. Three ships to see: Sapphire Princess and Radiance making stops on their way north, and Infinity starting it's voyage here. We will be heading to the dock to board the Infinity for an 11 day Alaska cruise. This will be a great way to compare ship designs and sizes (though they are all about the same size). David

If you dine in the United States restaurant let me know how you liked it. One of my favorites. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello all SF cruisers and ship lovers.

We are entering the busy month for ships in SFO.

Tomorrow we will have three ships in town. The Sapphire Princess will be the only one that will be doing a turn (meaning debarking and embarking passengers), the others (X Millenium and NCL Pearl) will be day stops.

The Sapphire will be at pier 27, Millennium at pier 35 and the Pearl at pier30/32.

Enjoy the views and see some great ships.

Ed (working Pier 27 tomorrow)

Tomorrow we will have three ships in town. The Sapphire Princess will be the only one that will be doing a turn (meaning debarking and embarking passengers), the others (X Millenium and NCL Pearl) will be day stops.

The Sapphire will be at pier 27, Millennium at pier 35 and the Pearl at pier30/32.

We'll actually have 4 ships tomorrow (Wed Sept 22). Radiance of the Seas arrives today at Pier 35, but overnights and departs tomorrow at 2:00pm, making way for Millennium's 2:30pm arrival.

We'll actually have 4 ships tomorrow (Wed Sept 22). Radiance of the Seas arrives today at Pier 35, but overnights and departs tomorrow at 2:00pm, making way for Millennium's 2:30pm arrival.

Thanks for posting, this fall's cruise season in San Francisco has snuck up on me. :)

summer 2011 Med cruise (Barcelona/Barcelona) on the Nieux Amsterdam? :)

Hello! I"m going with a friend on both the February RSVP trip to Mexico, and on the July Barcelona sailing. I'm really looking forward to both. I live up in Santa Rosa, my travelling companion is a former bay area resident currently residing in Cruise Heaven, Ft. Lauderdale.

Hello! I"m going with a friend on both the February RSVP trip to Mexico, and on the July Barcelona sailing. I'm really looking forward to both. I live up in Santa Rosa, my travelling companion is a former bay area resident currently residing in Cruise Heaven, Ft. Lauderdale.

Sorry about the misspelling of Nieuw Amsterdam (one too many martinis, I expect!). :eek:

I'll be very anxious to hear what you think of the ship after your February cruise (is it Mexico or the Caribbean? I didn't know RSVP was doing a Mexico cruise in '11). I'm planning on booking the summer Med cruise before year-end and will be guessing on best cabins from the deck plan.

If you get down to SF and would like to connect with me and my BF, let me know. :)

Edited by sfgoguy

• 3 months later...

The Carnival Splendor is in San Francisco to be repaired at Pier 70. Here is a link and the story:

http://open.salon.com/blog/rick_spilman/2011/01/23/carnival_splendor_arrives_in_san_francisco_for_drydocking_and_to_complete_repairs

Carnival Splendor Arrives in San Francisco for Drydocking and to Complete Repairs

After attempting to sail on Wednesday and Thursday, the cruise ship Carnival Splendor finally departed San Diego under its own power on Friday, accompanied by two tugs. As of Sunday morning, around 05:00 local time, the ship was approaching San Francisco under its own power at roughly 12 knots. The ship will be drydocked in San Francisco to complete repairs and is expected to return to service on February 20th. The 215′ tall ship could not be drydocked in San Diego as it could not fit under the Coronado Bridge which has a 200′ maximum vertical clearance. The Pier 70 dry dock in San Francisco was expanded three years ago and is now the only drydock on the West Coast capable of repairing a ship the size of the Splendor.

The Splendor was crippled by a fire in one engine room on November 8th while cruising approximately 200 miles off Mexico’s Baja California coast, stranding over 4,000 passengers and crew. It is still unclear why a fire in one of the two engine rooms should have completely disabled the ship. Not long after the fire, two US Coast Guard Marine Safety Alerts revealed that the ship’s fixed CO2 system had failed and that firefighting manuals and safety posters did not agree with the ship as built.

Edited by jjb415

• 6 months later...

Where is everyone headed for the rest of the year? I just booked a Back-2-Back on the Vision of the Seas out of Istanbul for September/October.

Would love to hear your plans for the rest of 2011....... :)

• 1 month later...

Great thread!

We're flying to London next Friday for a 4-night pre cruise in London, sailing on a 16 night which departs Southampton September 28. =X= Eclipse taking us to Italy, Spain and Montenegro (Oooohhhh!). :)

Would love to see some family on board!

Have a great week everyone-

gary

Hey guys - long time no see around here - just wondering if anyone will be on Emerald Princess on October 19, 10 days to the Southern Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale. Heading out solo this time so always good to know if someone is on board.

We'll be on the Carnival Spirit's 10-Day MR cruise departing 10/7.

Have a posting in the Roll Call section but I'm the only one there. :confused: Hard to believe that we'll be the only FODs onboard...but oh well...It's not like we're on the ship simply to find like minded people and will have a grand time either way!!

• 4 weeks later...

It is so nice to see the activity on this thread - it would be nice if we could all end up on the same sailing at some point !! Just finished 21 great days on the Vision of the Seas out of Istanbul and the Splendour of the Seas is up next.

:)

• 3 months later...

Hi guys. New to CC message boards, but not new to cruising. My partner and I live on the Peninsula and are currently booked on the Atlantis Baltic sailing July 24, 2012 on Eurodam. Anyone else in the area booked? Look forward to getting to know local CC members. Thanks, Todd.

• 2 weeks later...