2006 question

sasisu

gregandamy are probably correct. It seems to vary very much with the school district's. The ones in this area (eastern PA) generally only close for the Thursday and Friday before Easter along with the Monday after. They often use the Thursday and Monday for make-up days due to snow closings also. I guess there are some district's that do a week.

I work for a Caribbean resort. Our family spring break times for 2006 are Presidents Week (FEB. 18 - 25) and all dates closely surrounding it.

Also Easter in 2006 is April 16th, so usually the week prior and the week following are extremely busy.

College breaks always seem to be in weeks in March. There are other random breaks in March, and it seems to be a popular time for parents to pull their kids out of school for a week if just to get away from the cold.

We recommend for people specifically trying to stay away from either of those crowds to come in January and the beginning of February, or the end or April and May.

This might be different for the cruise industry, but I doubt it.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for all the responses. They were very helpful. It must be very nice working for a caribbean resort. Sounds like a dream job to me!

LOL, Sadly, I live in DE, working for the reservations center for the resort. Hopefully I'll be living there within the next few years! My boyfriend, who does live there, says "When you live in the caribbean, you vacation to Alaska!"

College vacations are generally in March, other vacations generally in April, around weekend.

I would personally not book a cruise ever in March having read the "animal house" review of the Spirit.

I have cruised during 'regular' school vacation in April and found it to be great. At least the HS kids typically have their parents on board.

I know that when we leave on the CC Group Cruise 04/02/06 aboard the Star that we will be in the middle of our two week Spring Break. We come back on the Monday the kids go back to school. We live close enough that they will just miss half the day of school. :)

Misty

Archived