Will I get any sleep at all on the Sea???

icanflossu

I am leaving for the Sea in a mere 15 days and am starting to panic about our room location. We are on deck four right under the main showroom. How much noise should I expect? Is the place pretty calm after the main show in the evening?

We haven't decided on excursions yet and now I'm on to worrying about this. I just need to get on that ship :)

I wouldn't be worried either -- once the last show is over, normally by 10:00, it clears out and should be a nice, quiet location.

Are you planning on booking excursions before boarding the ship or after? There is quite a bit of good information on the ports of call boards, even though they've been a little dead lately. With so many of the ships headed towards Alaska in the next month or so, the traffic on the Caribbean boards really seems to drop off.

You won't hear anything. We were just on the SEA and I did not notice noise from other floors. We had friends staying on the 4th deck and they never said anything about noise from above.

Relax and enjoy your trip

thanks so much for reassuring me you guys. You are all so helpful. Roatan is the only "new" port to us, and with a prty of ten, we won't be booking anything with the ship. We are still undecided about what to do in Honduras, but we're really snorkeling/beachy kind of people.

I was on the SEA Feb 12 and was in room 4229 which was the last room before entering the atrium and right next to the excursion desk. Never heard any noise at any hour. Gary o.

My cabin on the Sea was on deck three. Perhaps it was a characteristic of my room only, but the door had a good deal of space underneath it, and all the sounds in the corridor were clearly heard from within.

icanflossu- Sailed the Sea 3/19. Deck 2 room forward- 1 night heard major noise from something banging around in the ship. called desk 2x but they couldn't fix anything. only other thing that was noisy was the stewards cleaning up room service dishes and storing them in a little closet across the tiny hall.

Roatan is beautiful. our party of 3 adults, 2 kids and a baby piled into a taxi and went to Half Moon Bay. Some chaises in shade , steps down to the reef. Snorkeling was ok, not great. $60 for the taxi and the guy just waits all day for you to go back (pay when you get back to ship). Only thing I would change would be to shop first. We ran out of daylight and they were all closing.

fin--We will be in room 3016 on the Sea in a few weeks. We asked to be near an elevator, so the position is great. Do you know anything about this room? :confused: Thanks for your comments about the door--that's the kind of thing that helps me prepare beforehand. :)

Mine was 3206 and also near an elevator. I just looked through my collection of pix from the trip and found none of the cabin. I have said before that, having just come off deck four in the Carnival Ecstasy a few weeks earlier, and having only that to compare, I found the Sea cabin to be tiny and noisy. The beds IMO were not much bigger than an ironing board. I have been accused of being too critical. My opinion of NCL has been radically improved by subsequent trips on the Dawn and the Crown. Radically! And, as I recall, the cabin staff on the Sea were friendly and the room was clean.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived