Eating Gluten Free on Equinox

KeyOfSea

This is our first Celebrity cruise since I've had to be GF. Both Royal and Princess have handled it well and I assume that Celebrity will also. Will I get to order dinner for the next evening each evening? Our previous head waiters have always been fantastic at getting me some special, GF dinners and desserts. Princess even have some decent GF bread. Royal didn't. :D

No problem, just talk to your head waiter. My travel companion who needs to eat GF loved their bread. She also could eat some of dishes without the sauces. and our head waiter explained what she could eat on each nightly menu and he got her so great desserts that were not on menu.

have a great cruise.

I sailed on Equinox last November and can say that they do a great job with GF. I didn't get sick once. When you go to the buffet ask for one of the head chefs to come out and he will direct you to everything that is GF and the best is the GF french fries, seems they have a fryer just for fries. I didn't like the bread at all- it was too dry and tasteless but to me it's hard to find good GF bread anyway. I'm not a big dessert person but did have creme brulee and some ice cream a couple of times. For some reason we never got to Bistro 5 but have read on here about the crepes. They claim all the salad dressings are GF, I typically went with the ceasar dressing and didn't have any issues. I took along some of my own GF snacks like crackers and pretzels to have just incase, I did end up taking the pretzels to the bar since they only have gluten snacks there and the crackers were for cheese. They have sushi that is GF but if you plan on eating any I suggest taking 'SAN J' organic tamari sauce along, they have little packets that can be bought in places like Whole Foods they don't have GF soy sauce. One more thing if you see something you want at the buffet but feel it might be contaminated you can get someone to get you fresh. I just explained my concern and they were very helpful.

If for some reason you go to a speciality restaurant one night make sure to stop by the MDR to see your waiter about the next night.

One poster said something about seeing the head waiter when you board and it is a good idea to stop by the dining room and speak with the maitre d also it's a really good idea to have the allergy listed on your booking. Here is the 800 # to call 800 242 6374 to make sure X has your allergy listed and they can make notes to your reservation if needed.

Have a good time and don't worry too much X has a great kitchen and staff.

Kant Wait: Thank you very much for your input. I'm not celiac, just sensitive, so I don't have to worry as much about cross contamination. I take my GF soy sauce with me to places around here but never thought of bringing it on the cruise. I'll have to decide about that.

My TA has notified X that I'm GF and I believe that I put something on my booking. I will probably call to verify so thanks for the number.

I always bring GF snacks for the airplane but rarely need them once we're on the ship.

My friend has celiac. We went on the Carnival Freedom this past June and boy did she love her meals! She had a dietician who helped her daily to select the next day's meals. She loved all her meals and enjoyed having eggs benedict, French toast, desserts, and all those other treats she never eats now. We all tasted her food and it was really delicious!

Kant Wait: Thank you very much for your input. I'm not celiac, just sensitive, so I don't have to worry as much about cross contamination. I take my GF soy sauce with me to places around here but never thought of bringing it on the cruise. I'll have to decide about that.

My TA has notified X that I'm GF and I believe that I put something on my booking. I will probably call to verify so thanks for the number.

I always bring GF snacks for the airplane but rarely need them once we're on the ship.

Your welcome. It's good that you are only sensitive I am so allergic that I typically end up losing weight on cruises because I tend to avoid eating if I can't be sure it's safe for me. :( But like I said X is really good about things and I did enjoy our last cruise. We are going on Millennium in December and I hope it's just as good.

I normally don't take my own stuff with me places but I have found that while cruising they are somewhat limited and I figure if I can take things that don't require too much effort I will.

I enjoy the sushi rolls and the wasabi is good but having some soy or tamari sauce makes it all that much better. :p

Jo

Your welcome. It's good that you are only sensitive I am so allergic that I typically end up losing weight on cruises because I tend to avoid eating if I can't be sure it's safe for me. :( But like I said X is really good about things and I did enjoy our last cruise. We are going on Millennium in December and I hope it's just as good.

I normally don't take my own stuff with me places but I have found that while cruising they are somewhat limited and I figure if I can take things that don't require too much effort I will.

I enjoy the sushi rolls and the wasabi is good but having some soy or tamari sauce makes it all that much better. :p

Jo

I called the number you gave this morning and they didn't have it on my booking. I don't know if that was them or my TA. It's noted on there now. :D

Archived