Hotel Montecarlo in Barcelona

carlyshenk

Anybody stayed in this hotel? Please let me know what you thought of this hotel. Our first time in Barcelona...so many hotels.

Thanks,

Carol

Yes, we stayed there several years ago and liked it very much. The location is perfect, right on La Rambla. Some may say it's noisy, but our room was toward the back and did not notice. Others say it's great to get a room facing the street to watch all the happenings there. Turn right from your hotel and you can walk to Plaza de Catalunya where there is a Tourist Info Center, Hop-on-hop-off busses, subway, etc. Walk to your left and go down La Rambla...on the opposite side of the street don't miss La Boqueria Market....full of wonderful food stalls. Cross back over La Rambla and go to the Gothic Quarter and the Cathedral. At the very end of La Rambla is the Columbus Monument. You can get a hop-on-off bus there too, and I highly recommend taking one or more (there are several routes you can take) as they will go to practically all the places you'll want to see. There are just sooooooooo many things to see and do, too many to mention...hope you are there for more than a day or two...you will love Barcelona, I'm sure!

Thank you! We are only there for two days before our cruise but I've heard so many wonderful things about Barcelona. We're going to do and see as much as we can in the two days we're there. I was hoping we picked a good hotel and it sounds like we did! Thanks again.

Carol

We stayed at the MC last Nov before our cruise for 2 nights, we had a balcony room , 3rd floor overlooking Las Ramblas, staff was great, the room was amazing ( totally modernized - you would never know looking from the outside ), great view from balcony & you can go up to roof w/ an even better view

We would book this hotel again in a heartbeat

DAN

Anybody stayed in this hotel? Please let me know what you thought of this hotel. Our first time in Barcelona...so many hotels.

Thanks,

Carol

Loved the hotel & staff. Nice breakfast. Had room overlooking La ramblas with balcony and did not find it noisy. Fabulous bathroom. Could feel light rumble from the metro at times. Very handy to a variety of sites and close to 2 different metro lines for those further out sights.

Highly recommend that you travel out to Park Guell and other Gaudi sites. Barcelona has some truly unique architecture! Enjoy!

We stayed there for two nights pre-cruise last September. The hotel was wonderful as was the staff. Location is wonderful!!! Right across the street is a supermarket of you want to purchase soda, water, or wine to bring onboard. A pharmacy is also across the way for any toiletries you might need that you don't want to carry with you because of weight restrictions. It's close to everything. We wouldn't think of staying anyplace else if we returned to Barcelona.

Thank you! We are only there for two days before our cruise but I've heard so many wonderful things about Barcelona. We're going to do and see as much as we can in the two days we're there. I was hoping we picked a good hotel and it sounds like we did! Thanks again.

Carol

If there is a performance at the Liceu (opera house--one of the finest in Europe) or the Palau de Musica Catalana (concert hall, a modernist

masterpiece by Domenech i Montaner--it doesn't matter who's playing or

what they're performing) you should go. For some reason it never occurs

to cruisers until it's too late. Also, the MNAC, the big art museum, is wonderful (next to the Fundacio Miro)

My husband and I stayed here last year and thought it was a great choice. Staff was very helpful and our room and towels were refreshed several times a day. As noted previously, rooms are very modern and have fantastic large bathrooms. Though the rooms are modern, the hotel manages to keep it's historic charm and feels like an authentic old mansion....great choice!

Archived