Where do I put the mixers for Bon Voyage alcohol?

missdebi

It does make zero sense to the consumer but perfect sense for Carnival, it is easier to carry a 32oz mixer or even a 2 liter drink than several smaller bottles so for the ease of it the passengers will pay the extra to just order from the bar thus covering Carnival's bottom line and keeping our cruise prices down!

I have ordered from Bon Voyage and we will order the soda card and take a few drinks in our carry on~along with our squeeze lemon and lime~and maybe our sail and sign will be within reason :eek: this time!

I understand the whole "Carnival's bottom line" and blah blah blah blah -- and I do appreciate their low pricing but the fact of the matter is? Even buying vodka via BV, I like MY bloody mary mix, not theirs. So if I empty out 16 oz water bottles and fill them with BM mix instead, how much do you want to bet they're going to assume there's alcohol in them and flag me in security?

I understand the whole "Carnival's bottom line" and blah blah blah blah -- and I do appreciate their low pricing but the fact of the matter is? Even buying vodka via BV, I like MY bloody mary mix, not theirs. So if I empty out 16 oz water bottles and fill them with BM mix instead, how much do you want to bet they're going to assume there's alcohol in them and flag me in security?

I totally agree with you~I wonder what they will do, open them and smell I suppose!

Diamondgirl~ you can bring an empty container and fill it at breakfast with OJ to use with the rum, just put it on ice in your room.

They have you on this technique. 20oz containers or less have to be factory sealed. Anything not sealed is thrown out not returned at cruise end.

It's also about as smart as not allowing 2 passengers in the same cabin to bring one 1.5liter bottle of wine~But I'm not going to risk it with my mixers~DH & I are bringing a 12 pack of Hawaiian punch and 12 small cans of pineapple juice~to go with my Malibu Rum ~ Yummy~~:D

It's also about as smart as not allowing 2 passengers in the same cabin to bring one 1.5liter bottle of wine~But I'm not going to risk it with my mixers~DH & I are bringing a 12 pack of Hawaiian punch and 12 small cans of pineapple juice~to go with my Malibu Rum ~ Yummy~~:D

Excellent idea.. I will have to remember that for next years cruise.. I get the pop card.. and the pineapple juice is free with that.. but having some available in the room is better:D

Thanks for the suggestions. If I can get orange juice from room service and the lido buffet it will be great. I went on 2 cruises last year on Holland America, and they let you bring all the mixers and juices you want. We brought 2 large containers of OJ and one of fruit punch and a 12 pack of diet coke. Carnival owns Holland America so I am surprised they don't do the same things.

Order Sugar Free Margarita Mix Singles from Baja Bob's then you won't have to worry about it.

And no, they don't taste nasty like some sugar free stuff does. If you have time, order some and test at home. That's what we did.

Zilch is another good brand.

We just sailed and it was hard to get all those mixers in small bottles. I drink vodka & cranberry so took small bottles of cranberry and pineapple juice. We had a few sodas and the best find was small bottles of Zing Zang Bloody Mary mix. It really is the best mix around and they make 10 oz. Bottles!

I also had six bottles of Chipoltle Tabasco in my carry on for a friend in Cozumel. The security guy said "do you have hot sauce in there? LOTS of hot sauce?". I said yep and he just shook his head and waved me on through!

OMG where oh WHERE did you get the small Zing Zangs??? THAT is my mix!!!!

You can buy direct from Zing Zang but you have to buy a whole case. I found them at my local liquor store. I'll bet if you ask, they'd order them for you.

Archived