Tampa

Bristol

There is an aquarium right next to the cruise terminals. There is also Busch Gardens but you would need transportation and somewhere to put your bags. Threre is the Channelside area next to the port with restaurants and shops.

The luggage would be the big issue. Not sure what you can do with it. The aquarium is right next to the cruise port. And there is a trolley right there that you can take into Ybor to walk around and have lunch. St Pete Times Forum is just down from the port if there are any daytime sporting events going on. There is a zoo and Busch Gardens and the beaches but that would require a car or a pricey taxi ride. There are some museums in downtown Tampa.

I'm sure you would be able to go over to the airport and rent a car for the day and then just be back in time for your flight. TPA is usually so quick to get through security. I drop my sister off no more than an hour before her flights and sometimes not even that long.

What is there to do in Tampa . Our ship docks at 8AM & our flight home isn't until 6PM. We will have luggage so a walking tour is out. Are there any private tours that anyone can recommend?

There is a place called Destination Tampa (www.destinationtampa.com) that will store your luggage for a small fee (think it's around $10, give or take a couple of bucks; that's total, not per bag). If you're on Carnival,their office is right next to the exit from the Carnival terminal. If you're on one of the other cruiselines that uses the other terminal building, I believe their office is inside that terminal. I think you have to pick up your bags no later than 4 pm.

They also have a lot of literature (and info on their website) about things to do in town, and they sell discounted tickets to some of the area attractions.

Take a 30 minute cab ride to the Dali Museum in St Petersburg.

After which you can stroll north and walk out onto the Pier. If you get hungry, there are some good restaurants near the Pier and along the shore line.

Walk a little farther north to the Vinoy Resort and Golf Club and enjoy a cold beer on the Veranda. Then catch a 30 minute cab ride to the airport.

quote.gif

Archived