Barcelona Hotels -Priceline?

I got the Hotel Majestic in Barcelona for $130. on 5/15/04. I bid Barcelona East 4*. My bid was $130. and it was accepted immediately.

Gail

That's a great deal. The Majestic is a beautiful hotel.

DW and I stayed at the Continental Palacete. Its in the same area. We loved it. They also have a 24 hour food and beverage mini-buffet that provides a decent breakfast, and snacks. The beverages include soft drinks, beer, a cappochino machine and I think wine as well. The money we saved by using this probably paid for 25% of the cost of the room.

I also got the Hotel Majestic for $130.00 on priceline. I had read the post from gailoterson where she told how she had just bid for it and gotten it and I decided what the heck I'll try too and sure enough....I got it . I am very happy about that. Biddingfortravel.com has lots of good info.

Aloha,

Ginger

The majestic is in a great location. It is a 3 minute walk to the Placa Catalunya, which is the heart of the city, and the top of Las Ramblas. In 5 minutes you'll be in the old part of Barcelona. It is also a stones throw from 2 of the most famous Gaudi locations, Casa Mila and Casa Batllo.

I got the Hotel Majestic in Barcelona for $130. on 5/15/04. I bid Barcelona East 4*. My bid was $130. and it was accepted immediately.

Gail

I just realized I put the wrong date. My reservation is for this coming May - not last year.

Gail

For those who got Hotel Majestic on a $130 bid that is one heck of a deal! Last year I bid on Hotels in Barcelona and got Hotel Hesparia Del Mar which is two blocks from Dela Mar Beach. I accepted a bid of $129 and stayed there two days post cruise. I think the Hotel has been down graded to a three star but it sure was nice being that close to the beach. My wife like the area better than Las Ramblas. She felt more secure in the Del Mar area. I had no problems with the hotel but I think someone had complained about it not being any higher class than it was. Some folks don't realize being that close to the beaches raises the quality of the Hotel. Good luck bidding. Tim

Is that where I want to be then?

I will give it a try - probably would need to be a little closer to Oct.

Bidding for travel is a GREAT possible peak at what you can get!

Thanks!

C..

Yes you want to bid for a 4* in the East. Our post cruise stay isn't until October but I have the reservations done already. I thought they might change the hotel you get and really wanted the Majestic although you are always taking a chance.

G

Jeepsterchick, When in Oct are you going to be in Barcelona? We will be leaving Barcelona on the Brilliance Oct 30. We are making plans to stay at the Majestic on the return end. Great to hear so many people have been pleased with the hotel.

Anyone else on the Brilliance?

Janice

The area for Las Ramblas in Barcelona on Priceline is "East". Make sure you go to "biddingfortravel" so you can view the hotel list that show up in Barcelona "East". You might want to log in and ask for assistance in your bid. If you put a bid in Priceline and get a counter offer it means you are getting close. Depending on your circumstances you may or may not want to accept the bid. Read all the information you can in "Biddingfortravel" and you might just get a great deal.

I noted earlier that I acceped a bid at Hote Hesperia Del Mar last year on a counter offer. Had I booked the room over the inter-net I would have paid a rack rate of $180. I believe the rack rate for Hotel Majestic is something like $280. This is just an idea of what to exspect. Good luck. Tim

I saw where a couple of people were able to get the Majestic on Priceline for $130. Unfortunately, I just tried and was turned down and was not offered a counter offer. I selected Barcelona East, 4 *, $130. Must be my tough luck!

It really isn't your tough luck. The Hotel rooms on Priceline are based on inventory. What you just did was to test the water. Wait 72 hours and try again. Last year I was bidding for a 4* in Barcelona and I was getting counter offers with bids at $115. I gave in with the counter offer after bidding four different times and accept the high counter offer. I would watch "biddingfortravel" for people who ask for bidding assistance and see what they are recommended to bid. If you bid on a 3* I wouldn't bid anything over $100. There is an art to bidding on Priceline and you have to remember they will try to entice you to that higher bid sometime. Don't give up. This is how you learn the system. By the way I have had accepted bids on Hotels, rental car, but I have not yet had an accepted bid on a airline flight. I'm still working on that one. Good luck. Tim

• 1 month later...

I have been bidding periodically for 4* East Barcelona - for around $100. Consistanly, I was counter offered from $136 to $134. I finally took the counter and it was indeed The Majestic. I'm thrilled with the reviews.

We are on the Grand Princess Oct. 17th - Staying in Barcelona Oct. 16th.

See,

Your patients paid off. What you got is a real bargin. Hotel Majestic is a wonderful place to stay. The the location is really nice. Even though you had to take the counter offer I haven't see anyone get that Hotel for less than $130.

I see where your are from Eugene. I was a Sacred Heart baby in 1949. I have relatives all over Eugene. Anyway I am glad to see you did really good bidding on Priceline for a Hotel in Barcelona. Tim

We just returned from Barcelona where we stayed at the Hotel Majestic. The location is fantastic. You can walk anywhere. My only complaint is that there is not a coffee maker in the room. We purchased our room through priceline for $130.00. When we arrived at the hotel (postcruise at 9:30 AM) we were told that we could have a large room with a terrace facing the street for 60 euros more. We could have the room right away. We went for it. We had a large beautiful room with a walkout terrace. The beds are turned down for you in the evening with chocolates on your pillow. Just like the cruise. We didn't have the bargain that we started with, but we still had a good deal.

Archived