Travel Insurance - Experiences/Value

cooper_k

I'm sure there is already a thousand posts about Travel Insurance on here. BUT,

I haven't been able to find any with a lot of information, so:

Any one have suggestions for what company to use for travel insurance?

Thank You!

For many years we relied on the 'free' travel insurance that is part of the gold (now platinum) Visa card from ANZ bank. Our family has made two substantial claims (well over $5,000) that have been met with no problem. We only had to pay at least $250 of the cost of the trip on the card so we would pay the deposit on the card, incurring a 1% fee. The excess if you have to make a claim is higher than with other travel insurance. In effect, when we had to make a claim we then paid what we would have normaly paid as a premium, but we were ahead on the many many times we didn't have a claim.

Because the 'free' travel insurance does not cover the excess on a hired motor vehicle if it is registered in a country other than Aust, we looked for another insurer. We now have an annual policy with Travel Insurance Direct that costs us $345 for two people for all our travel in one year. So far (thank God) we have not had to make a claim but do not anticipate a problem if we have to. By the way, last November this company changed their terms and conditions to cover longer trips.

If you have serious pre-existing medical conditions or are over a certain age, there are other factors to take into account when looking for travel insurance.

I am really glad to hear about your experience with the ANZ insurance Aus Traveller as I will be relying on my platinum ANZ travel insurance for the first time later this year.

I hadn't read about anyone's experience and I was a bit nervous to be honest!

I am really glad to hear about your experience with the ANZ insurance Aus Traveller as I will be relying on my platinum ANZ travel insurance for the first time later this year.

I hadn't read about anyone's experience and I was a bit nervous to be honest!

We use Travelinsurancedirect , have also made a claim without any hassel, friends had a huge claim from overseas, hospital, flights, doctor on flight etc, and had not a problem with anything, we throughly recommend them.

isajack:)

• 3 weeks later...

TID or Travel insurance Direct are by far the cheapest in my opinion if you are under 50 and in some cases the cheapest when you are over 50.

Simple instant online quote.

They are all underwritten by the same company.

Use TID code "WINTER2011" for a further 10% discount.

Den

We use Vero which you can can through Bank of Qld or go start to Vero same price, We have use them for every cruise , you will also find that most Ta's use them as well, but going starat to them or through BOQ are way cheaper them the TA"S, yes we have claimed and have had NO problems at all.

Archived