Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Thanks everyone, and congrats on the losses. I think I'm losing so much so quickly because I have over 100 lbs to lose. You always lose more quickly at first when you have a lot to go. It's harder when you only have a little to lose.

I had a terrible food day on Saturday. The Easter candy finally got to me, and I bought some. Had a terrible binge, but I did put it all in my tracker. Used most of the extra points, so I've been cutting back on regular points the last 2 days. I'm so disappointed in myself, I've been doing so good. At least I was honest about it in my tracker, and got right back on plan. I'm glad I won't have to walk past Easter candy displays anymore!

Thanks everyone, and congrats on the losses. I think I'm losing so much so quickly because I have over 100 lbs to lose. You always lose more quickly at first when you have a lot to go. It's harder when you only have a little to lose.

I had a terrible food day on Saturday. The Easter candy finally got to me, and I bought some. Had a terrible binge, but I did put it all in my tracker. Used most of the extra points, so I've been cutting back on regular points the last 2 days. I'm so disappointed in myself, I've been doing so good. At least I was honest about it in my tracker, and got right back on plan. I'm glad I won't have to walk past Easter candy displays anymore!

Way to keep track Tracey! I think a splurge every once in a while is needed. It helps us to remember why we need to lose and satisfies an inner need. As long as we track it and get right back on board here is minimal damage done. That is exactly what you have done.

Nikki

Way to keep track Tracey! I think a splurge every once in a while is needed. It helps us to remember why we need to lose and satisfies an inner need. As long as we track it and get right back on board here is minimal damage done. That is exactly what you have done.

Nikki

Ditto, the main thing is getting back were only human.

Ate all meals in the Dining room....avoided the cafeteria at all costs. Paced myself early and by day 14 or so, generally too tired of eating to overeat. Plus worked hard at getting Activelink up to or near 100 percent everyday.

Thats not bad for 14 days, you'll get it off i love my activelink, just thinking leaving the 13 of april on my cruise how did

you keep track of your activelink on the cruise?

Well, I decided to change up my workouts. I started Tabata tonight. A co-worker told me about it. It may only be a four minute workout, but....holy schmoly my forearms and thighs are sooorrreeee!

Sounds interested Please tell more of where I can get the info. I realy need to work on thighs and arms.

Tabatatraining.org. Basically, you do four different exercises (jumping jacks, mountain climbers, running in place, any kind). You do 20 seconds as fast as you can, then rest for 10 seconds. Do this for the other three exercises you picked. That's us considered one repetition, you need to do this twice. Very important to stretch before and after!

Not official but down .5 since Sunday. This certainly proves to me that tracking is so important. The 2 weeks that I tracked in my head were unkind to my waistline. It must be written down for me to be able to plan ahead. Since I have retuned to the program, I am down 3.1 pounds. None of this is official but I can feel it in my clothes. For me it is another 2 weeks before I can get back to a meeting and start to become an official WW again.

Nikki

Not official but down .5 since Sunday. This certainly proves to me that tracking is so important. The 2 weeks that I tracked in my head were unkind to my waistline. It must be written down for me to be able to plan ahead. Since I have retuned to the program, I am down 3.1 pounds. None of this is official but I can feel it in my clothes. For me it is another 2 weeks before I can get back to a meeting and start to become an official WW again.

Nikki

Good job, i'm the same it has to be writtin down.

Congrats Nikki, that's great. And I agree that it has to be tracked. It's the only way I can be honest about what I'm eating. If I don't track it in the online tracker, it's too easy to forget what I actually did.

I gained .6 at this morning's WI. That darned candy got me again. I need to shake it off and stay on track.

I gained .6 at this morning's WI. That darned candy got me again. I need to shake it off and stay on track.

Somewhere there has to be an answer to that candy and sweet tooth problem. And I am not referring to will-power. I think it is probably an addiction and perhaps if we were to treat it like that, we may be able to overcome it. It may be worth a try, but I will have to wait till I am back in my own surroundings to see if I can shake it like I shook the smoking addiction.

Nikki

Somewhere there has to be an answer to that candy and sweet tooth problem. And I am not referring to will-power. I think it is probably an addiction and perhaps if we were to treat it like that, we may be able to overcome it. It may be worth a try, but I will have to wait till I am back in my own surroundings to see if I can shake it like I shook the smoking addiction.

Nikki

It is an addiction problem. Somebody was telling me to drink water when I get those urges. Water??? Seriously?? That will not even curb the desire. I started chewing wrigleys double meant gum when that urge hits me. Seems to help me take the edge off.

It is an addiction problem. Somebody was telling me to drink water when I get those urges. Water??? Seriously?? That will not even curb the desire. I started chewing wrigleys double meant gum when that urge hits me. Seems to help me take the edge off.

I am a candy goblin and I have found that hard candy really helps. It gives me something sweet but last a lot longer than my beloved other candies. I'm a big fan of root beer barrels now and always keep them in my office.

I was given a small basket at Easter of some candy. It had 3 peanut butter eggs in it. YUCK!! So not the same as it was years ago. Threw them out.:D Now the jelly beans:rolleyes:

I opted for a couple of shoes instead of a basket. Seemed like a win-win situation

Shoes seem like the perfect solution to me as well. Maybe if I tell myself that each day that I pass up the sweet, it is a certain amount saved toward a pair of shoes, or a scarf, or a cute top, that will be more motivation. I could keep track while I am tracking in my journal.

Nikki

Shoes seem like the perfect solution to me as well. Maybe if I tell myself that each day that I pass up the sweet, it is a certain amount saved toward a pair of shoes, or a scarf, or a cute top, that will be more motivation. I could keep track while I am tracking in my journal.

Nikki

It's a great reward system! I believe tracking is the key. It's like if you don't track it and not written, then you never ate it. If its there in plain sight no denying

The candy I got was from one of my parents at work. We have no kids soooooo no candy! :mad: This parent also made a cake and cookies. I did not get outside in time for the cake so guess that was a good thing but I did "steal" a cookie!

Just got back from WW weigh in. I stayed the same. Seems I ate to many fruits last week that could have caused the no lost. This week I will eat the fruits like I did before and see if that makes a difference. Rather stay the same than gain!

A friend sent us an edible arrangement so that is dessert. Very tasty with strawberries, grapes and pineapple. Some of the berries were chocolate dipped. Yum!!

I also am not making a shoe "deposit" today. DH bought a pecan praline and I ate almost half of it. It was so good and I haven't had one in a couple of years. I did track it- sort of. No idea how many PP it was, but I counted 5 in my daily points and a further 5 in my weekly allowance.

Nikki