Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

[quote name='bunchesofun']Congratulations! I'm still holding steady. Wish this plateau would break![/QUOTE]

That's me too. I think I am going to kick things into high gear and cut out processed foods. I had way too many pretzels last night after dinner. Haven't lost much since Christmas. Need to shed the last 15 lbs before summer.

[quote name='Downpayment']I am also doing WW. I have lost 30lbs since October and hope to lose 30 more before cruise in Sept (going to Alaska) Love this new program. Tracking is the must important thing one does each day.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Congrats on the 30 lbs! I think the tracking is what got me last week. Was slacking on that and I know better.

[SIZE=4]Hope ever[SIZE=4]yone has a great week![/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I am trying very hard to lose another 30 before Sept. so if I gain 10lbs on vacation I will be OK with that.
I also have been riding my stationary bike (12 mins in the am) and do the bike or WII in the evening. I have a bad knee and can't over do it. They claim just 30 mins of exercise a day so I split it (only 24 mins but its better than nothing).

I try to plan what I am going to eat for breakfast and lunch for the following day.
We should share some recipes.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][B]Off to a WI this morning after a 2 week hiatus. I know there is a gain, but I am hoping it isn't more than 2 pounds. I filled in my tracker for this morning and also for lunch. A number of people are leaving for home this week so we are planning a get-together at a bar tonight. I will try to limit my intake, but there are the weekly points I can use. Wish me luck. Congrats on the losses. I plan on joining that group next week.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][B]Nikki[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Congrats to those who lost. There's some great stories there! Awesome jobs. For those still stuck in plateaus, hang in there. It WILL get better, don't give up the fight.
I went to a party Saturday night, there weren't many good food choices there. They brought in Chick-fil-et, one of my weaknesses. I didn't do too bad, but dipped into the extra points. I'm very proud of myself that I skipped dessert! That was major for me.

[quote name='jimslady15'][B]We sail in 5 days and I made my goal weight a week ago today and maintained as of this morning. Lost a total of 16lbs am so happy and pleased with myself. Good luck to all of you this WW really does work!![/B];)[/quote]

[B][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Good job congrats :D on making your goal, i know how [/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]
[B][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]that feels :D enjoy the journey.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][B]Didn't do an official WI yesterday as I did not want to pay. My own scale says I gained 1.6 pounds over the past 2 weeks. Now to get rid of that and more. Tracking and exercise must be my mantra for the next few months. We leave here to go home in 2 weeks, and I will find it easier to lose at home as the restaurant and bar scene are not options in our rural area. I know that the biggest help in this journey is tracking, followed by doing some type of movement and drinking plenty of water. these are all things that I am re-commiting to right now. Wish me luck.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='bunchesofun']Weighing myself every morning really does help me keep on track. It is too easy if I am struggling with eating to ignore what might be happening on the scale.[/quote]

No i wouln't weigh every morning, you'll go nuts, Just on your
weigh-in day.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][B]I kept to my points yesterday, but gave in to temptation about 9 pm when DH made himself an ice cream cone. But I counted it in my weekly points. Ice cream is nearly gone.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I had a rough two days. I just kept picking. Doesn't happen often but did it two days in a row. I still tracked everything though so I know exactly what I did. This happens when I've been good for a long time with no loss. I kind of lose the thread and get distracted. Here's hoping I'm done with that and can be back on program.

I have been having trouble keeping on track this week. It may be an excuse but I think it is because I know that I am not going to do an official WI until April 17. I need to do the WI to feel accountable, but that is the excuse part. I keep trying to convince myself that I could be down over 2 pounds instead of gaining before I go to that meeting, but for some reason, my inner ( food) devil keeps winning over reason.

Nikki

Nikki, I know what you mean about the inner food devil, it's very powerful. It has a mind of its own. I gave in to it on Weds, saw pieces of cake for sale at the store. I kept thinking about it for a day, and got a piece the next day. I tracked all of the points, an unbelievable amount, and kept to program the other days. Disappointed that I gave into a craving so early in program. But I lost 3.8 at WI this morning, which I'm thrilled about of course. I just know these big losses are going to stop anytime soon, and am trying to prepare myself. When I saw that my total loss is 15 lbs, my inner voice said, great, only 85 more to go. I can't think like that, but it's hard. I also noticed that with this loss, they took away a point again already! Doesn't seem quite fair. lol

I just hate it when they take a point away! HEHE.

I have lost every week since I joined in Oct 12. Sometimes its the slowest weight lost but I will take every ounce.

I also found I can still have stuff I like as long as I track it. I make a cake in a cup for my sweet at night add cool whip or strawberry preserves. Simple but yummy

Nikki, I know what you mean about the inner food devil, it's very powerful. It has a mind of its own. I gave in to it on Weds, saw pieces of cake for sale at the store. I kept thinking about it for a day, and got a piece the next day. I tracked all of the points, an unbelievable amount, and kept to program the other days. Disappointed that I gave into a craving so early in program. But I lost 3.8 at WI this morning, which I'm thrilled about of course. I just know these big losses are going to stop anytime soon, and am trying to prepare myself. When I saw that my total loss is 15 lbs, my inner voice said, great, only 85 more to go. I can't think like that, but it's hard. I also noticed that with this loss, they took away a point again already! Doesn't seem quite fair. lol

Wow! Congrats on the 15 lb weight loss. We started at the same time and you have lost way more than me. At WI this morning I lost .4 lbs so my 1 month loss is 6.4 lbs.

I am happy with the 6.4 though...8.6 lbs more to go. Hopefully I can get it off over the next 2 months. I really need to buckle down...been eating out too much lately.

Thanks for the encouragement Tracey. And also on losing 15 pounds. Good job on your loss as well, ready2cruise.

Eating out is tough. Even planning ahead, I tend to overeat while out. We leave for home in 2 weeks, so that temptation will be removed as we live in a very rural area and eat most meals at home. Because we have been in the south since December, there are not too many tempting things in my own cupboards. I plan on keeping it that way.

Nikki

This week my problem wasn't plateau, but overeating. I just couldn't seem to feel full and kept finding things to eat. I tracked it all going way over my points. I'm up 2 pounds and trying not to give myself a bad time as that will only cause more of the same.

I think I've got a handle on things but only time will tell.

This week my problem wasn't plateau, but overeating. I just couldn't seem to feel full and kept finding things to eat. I tracked it all going way over my points. I'm up 2 pounds and trying not to give myself a bad time as that will only cause more of the same.

I think I've got a handle on things but only time will tell.

Good luck bunches. Perhaps this is what your body needs to break that dam_ plateau. At least it is a different showing on the scale.

Nikki

Wow! Congrats on the 15 lb weight loss. We started at the same time and you have lost way more than me. At WI this morning I lost .4 lbs so my 1 month loss is 6.4 lbs.

I am happy with the 6.4 though...8.6 lbs more to go. Hopefully I can get it off over the next 2 months. I really need to buckle down...been eating out too much lately.

Congrats on the weight loss, You can do it don't give

up it will happen. :)

Just weighed on my scale in prep for tomorrow's WW meeting. It tells me that I lost the 1.6 from last week AND another .6 as well. I think it is just not too accurate, but at least I don't think that I could have gained any. I spent the weekend organizing and packing. This week will be all about the cleaning and laundry. However, as the weather has warmed up nicely and the wind has died down and shifted to the south, I may have to spend a lot of time on the beach.

Nikki