shore dive caymen

bcurran2003

I would pick Sunset House over Eden Rock. Lots of cruisers dive and snorkel at Eden rock so you might possibly encounter quite a few people there. Also, since does get a lot of traffic, the site might not be in as good of shape as Sunset House.

I would also consider the shore dive at http://www.divetech.com at their turtle farm location. It gets good reviews and should have less traffic, and probably is in better condition than either of the 2 southern sites mentioned above.

Did shore dives at DiveTech in Nov & Feb ..... very nice uncrowded reef. I think each time we were there, we saw no more than 3 or 4 other divers, always just in passing. Considering the condition of the island, the reef area appeared to be in good shape. Saw numerous rays, good fish life, and even found a 5 ft nurse shark napping under a ledge. You can grab the bus in town in front of the library, and then grab a bus back no problem.

tks for the info guys looks like a great dive

anybody know if divetek has soft weights?

Not that I'm aware of. We had the standard hard weights when we were there. Of course you can always shoot them an e-mail and ask.

• 3 weeks later...
anyone have a recommendation for a shore dive in caymen. i have read good reviews on the sunset house, anyone done it? would be myself and 14 year old son who was certified last summer

Sunset House shore dive - highly recommended. Have been diving there for nearly 20 years. Easy in and out and a great place to eat right after the dive (assuming My Bar is back open post hurricane). Good place for a new diver - with plenty for experienced divers too. My favorite place for a nite dive. Some of my best u/w pics are from 100 yard radius of the ladder!

just back off Carnival conquest and did the shore dive at sunset house. I would recommend this to anyone. It was an easy walk from downtown dock. Not crowded at all. We saw a nurse shark just after entering water, then a turtle. Lots of stuff to see there.

Archived