RCCL -- Limit on Nursery Hours

ChitownGus

We are going on RCCL FOS during Thanksgiving with our 2 year old. Any idea if there will be a limit on hours in the Nursery? They say they limit what you can book for the first two days, then its open... don't know if I can expect to book only a few hours, or a lot more. Also, anyone with recent experience with RCCL Nursery on FOS, either good or bad? thanks.

I don't think anyone can tell you how many hours you will be able to book, as it depends on how many people want to use the nursery. I would guess that a Thanksgiving sailing is going to have lots of children.

Threads about this:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1442012

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1322524

I was on FOS with my 2-year old son in July and we used the nursery. On the first day, they told us that we could reserve up to a certain number of hours for the week - I think it was something like 16. They also said that if time slots are available, he could stay for more than 16 hours. It just depended on how many other people signed up.

As it turned out, there were only a few other families that used the nursery, so we could leave him there any time it was open.

They were very nice and professional, and took great care of the kids, but after the 2nd time we dropped him off, our son started crying "no, no, no!" as soon as we got near the nursery. He was just having so much fun with the adults that he didn't want to miss out.

The nursery had a TV and lots of toys, but I didn't see too many very happy children there and there were usually no more than 2 or 3 there at at time.

My advice is: don't let your kid guilt trip you! Parents deserve a few hours here and there for themselves on their vacation. Enjoy some quiet time by the pool, go gambling, or belly up to the martini bar--things you really can't do with a 2-year old!

Archived