An Early Saver rant

LUPY48

Price error?? I have submitted numerous ES forms in the past for rate drops and have never been denied.

Why now?

I think you may have answered your own question. In the past they acknowledged your rate drops and gave you credit. I expect there is a paper trail of pricing used by the folks who handle ES claims that is the final determinant of what your cabin went for on any date. This time, when they cross checked your latest request against it, they found a clerical error on their web site. So at least it seems to me.

I think you may have answered your own question. In the past they acknowledged your rate drops and gave you credit. I expect there is a paper trail of pricing used by the folks who handle ES claims that is the final determinant of what your cabin went for on any date. This time, when they cross checked your latest request against it, they found a clerical error on their web site. So at least it seems to me.

That happens to be the most ridiculous response I could have expected.

So what about all the other people who submitted their ES forms with their screen shots of the price drop?

Did they cross check them too? Please get a grip on what's happening here....CLL is blaming a GLITCH on the computers and telling us that NO WAY they are honoring the ES terms. We got screwed any which way you look at it.

I also want to add in when you did a search for the cruise rates for all of May 2012 leaving from NY the base price of each of those cruises had come up $10 cheaper. That was a total of four cruises. So this alleged "glitch" was widespread. I wonder if they denied the ES adjustment to any of those folks.

This is just going round and round. To me, the bottom line is, do what's RIGHT!

As stated, we accepted the ES 'contract' and they have failed to honor it.

Obviously, customer loyalty is NOT a priority!

That happens to be the most ridiculous response I could have expected.

So what about all the other people who submitted their ES forms with their screen shots of the price drop?

Did they cross check them too? Please get a grip on what's happening here....CLL is blaming a GLITCH on the computers and telling us that NO WAY they are honoring the ES terms. We got screwed any which way you look at it.

Catching up after nights rest. You're not following me, but no big deal. We can agree to disagree.

This happened to me too! My price went down 10 bucks and I sent the form in b/c 10 bucks is 10 bucks. I checked the site several times that day and it was still down the 10 bucks. I was denied so I replied to the email asking why. They stated because my booking rate was already at the lower rate and yet on my billing information it's still at the higher rate...very confused as to how I "booked at the lower rate" and yet I'm paying for the higher price? :confused:

Were you looking at your base price before any "upgrades" to aft/midship,etc. or to deck level? Our base was $1095, but then on the fareviewer I noticed the base had gone down to $1055, so I emailed them (on the form you fill out) and I got a response back that our rate had been adjusted and was now $1115. :eek: I was very confused :confused: as I thought that they had gone up, but when I went through the process of partially re-booking (just to see the price), I realized we did have a $50 charge for being midship ($10 per person) and $10 for main deck, so they did indeed decrease our total by $40, it just didn't seem like it at first.

Were you looking at your base price before any "upgrades" to aft/midship,etc. or to deck level?

That's a very common mistake. I know because I made it when I first started trying to compare rates. ;) I think a lot of people see their category but fail to follow through and see the "real" price.

I've had to say I'm wrong plenty of times, however as a small business owner I follow that up by ''paying for our mistakes" if a customer finds an error on a quote to their benefit. We don't blame it on a glitch or error on a spreadsheet, then try to walk away from it.

The problem is Carnival didn't honor its own policy, you can read the written ES policy verbatim and nowhere does it say "exceptions apply" these people genuinely found a lower fare and acted in a manner as instructed by Carnival to redeem for OBC. Only to be denied for no reason other than " it was a glitch in the system" - pure coward.

Here's what you and Carnival need to understand, everything a company puts out from the customer service people on the phone down to the hard fine legal print is a direct reflection of management in every way. The net effect of their actions today erode customer confidence in the brand and raises serious questions about Carnival policy support/enforcement or the lack thereof.

Even the "idiot counselor" can see they pooched themselves on this one.

Perfectly stated...again!;) That's exactly what this is all about...customer confidence. We entered into a contract and Carnival is not abiding by it. Regardless of why the price dropped, it dropped....and for 2 whole days! Not only on the Fare Viewer, but also when you went to book the cruise (in the same location on the same floor). All of us have multiple cruises under our belt with Carnival, so we are loyal customers. This is just a slap in the face and erodes our confidence in the brand. If they continue to do business in this way, they will lose customers. I am one of the biggest Carnival cheerleaders I know, but this type of thing is the way to lose me. Fair is fair.

This happened to me too! My price went down 10 bucks and I sent the form in b/c 10 bucks is 10 bucks. I checked the site several times that day and it was still down the 10 bucks. I was denied so I replied to the email asking why. They stated because my booking rate was already at the lower rate and yet on my billing information it's still at the higher rate...very confused as to how I "booked at the lower rate" and yet I'm paying for the higher price? :confused:

That is EXACTLY the response I got. So I sent her a screen shot of my billing page on their site. Seems to be a new ploy they are using so they don't need to give back any money...they dance around the issue being with the non-commisionable fare or some such nonsense. Nothing worse than trying to deal with a company that hides behind loopholes which the consumer cannot see:mad:

I am one of the group that was denied.

My last email to CCL has not been answered.

Yes I requested to be able to cancle my cruise without penalty.

Stated to them if they don`t have to follow the ES rules then neither do I.

For those who think this is about money...we are over that...now it is about an advertised price...I didn`t use price checker..i use dthem own booking system.

To those who feel that CCL can do no wrong...move on to another post...the fare was advertised.

for those who question that this is customer service because they didn`t give any of us the credit...move on to another post.

Customer service is when a company lives up to what they promised...good CS is when they do more...great CS is when they do more than you ever thought...this is why customers pay more...go out of their way to use them..and are loyal.

Archived