A few questions about transportation in Venice

Kelmn07

Hello,

Is the Alilaguna line to get from the airport to Venice part of the connected pass? Or do I buy that ticket, and then buy the connected pass when I am in Venice? Are the routes to Murano and Burano part of the connected pass?

Are route times posted in Venice? I know I can see the timetables online, but that won't help me much when I am there.

Also, on my hotel's site, they suggest taking the ATVO bus to Piazzale Roma bus terminal, and then getting on the ACTV but I've mostly read to take the water bus. Which do you agree with?

I have this map of the lines but am trying to comprehend it. If the number is over the white bar, does it stop there? My directions say to take the 1 line, but I don't see the white 1 line, but see 1 on the bars.

Thanks for any assistance with any of my questions!

Hello,

Is the Alilaguna line to get from the airport to Venice part of the connected pass? NO and it's much costlier.

Or do I buy that ticket, and then buy the connected pass when I am in Venice? Purchase on line when you can - avoid the lines

Are the routes to Murano and Burano part of the connected pass? YES

Are route times posted in Venice? I know I can see the timetables online, but that won't help me much when I am there. Pick up a schedule when you validate your reservation.

Also, on my hotel's site, they suggest taking the ATVO bus to Piazzale Roma bus terminal, and then getting on the ACTV but I've mostly read to take the water bus. Which do you agree with? Water bus is more costly. ACTV airport bus has the best luggage options.

I have this map of the lines but am trying to comprehend it. If the number is over the white bar, does it stop there? My directions say to take the 1 line, but I don't see the white 1 line, but see 1 on the bars. Sorry on this one

Thanks for any assistance with any of my questions!

Keep up with the posts on CC forums. There's so much info here! :)

This web site might help you with the Venice Connected questions.

We rode the ATVO Airport Express bus to/from the airport a few times and found it preferable to the ACTV buses. ATVO is only a 20 minute ride; makes no stops. It leaves from both locations at 20 and 50 minutes past the hour. 5E one way. They're like a greyhound bus with a luggage hold underneath, so you don't have to deal with your luggage.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-connected.htm

When you arrive in Piazzale Roma, you walk across the square to the Grand Canal. The #1 route is more 'scenic' since it stops at each designated stop. There are digital reader boards at each stop that tell you which water bus is coming. This link might help you. It's a great site in general if you take the time to read thru it.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vaporetto_routes2_table.htm

Depending on where your hotel is, the Alilaguna orange line might be a fun option and worth the extra 10E. Approaching Venice by water would be a great start !

http://www.alilaguna.it/lineaarancio-eng.html

Thank you for your responses!

Also, forgot to link to the transport map I have I was referring to http://www.actv.it/pdf/navigazione/Mappa_linee.pdf

Where is your hotel? then we can help you. On the map, the stop is represented by an oval. If a line goes right through the oval, that line doesn't stop there. For example 1,2 N, and A stop at Rialto. Only the No. 1 stops at San Silvestro. In general the no 1 stops at all stops along the Grand Canal which makes it great for hop on hop off.

Unless you are at piazzal Roma, the easiest way to any hotel is a water taxi.

Hello,

Also, on my hotel's site, they suggest taking the ATVO bus to Piazzale Roma bus terminal, and then getting on the ACTV but I've mostly read to take the water bus. Which do you agree with?

Actually the ATVO bus is the one you want if you are taking a bus from the airport to P. Roma. It is express and has the better luggage arrangement. ACTV is the water bus system and public bus system. You would transfer from the ACVO bus to the ACTV water bus at P. Roma as your hotel said.

Lots of good info on this site. http://www.veniceforvisitors.com

Where is your hotel? then we can help you. On the map, the stop is represented by an oval. If a line goes right through the oval, that line doesn't stop there. For example 1,2 N, and A stop at Rialto. Only the No. 1 stops at San Silvestro. In general the no 1 stops at all stops along the Grand Canal which makes it great for hop on hop off.

Unless you are at piazzal Roma, the easiest way to any hotel is a water taxi.

My hotel is Hotel Locanda Ai Santi Apostoli and according to their directions is actually at the Ca'D'Oro stop so I think taking the ATVO then the ACTV, I just wasn't sure because sine the 1 line is white, it doesn't appear, so my guess was that it stopped whenever the 1 appeared on the bar.

Archived