What are the sea days like from Sydney to the Pacific?

Hi Sarah...

We have done a couple of cruises out that way at that time of the year and both times the sea was smooth and the weather was warm but not uncomfortable.

There is nothing nicer than being out at sea in the tropics. Enjoy your trip.

Being the cyclone season the weather can be anything...the one thing you can count on is warm! Generally I have found it to be fine...sometimes a little rainy in the afternoon and couple of times we have missed ports due to cyclonic activity in the region...nothing that would stop me from booking a cruise at that time of the year.

Hi folks,

We're due to sail out of Sydney to the Pacific at the end of November. I'm really curious as to what the temperature, weather, and seas are generally like on this trip around this time.

:)

I have cruised to the islands four times in Cyclone season and most times, weather has been fairly warm and relatively calm seas. Although on one cruise in December, we did have large swells and rough seas on the way to the islands, where the ship was under lockdown, although didn't get seasick thanks to seasickness medication.

That being said, the rough weather only lasted a day or two, and made for a great adventure!

Something to remember with seasickness medication is that they generally act as a preventative, not a cure.

We usually take sea sickness medication a half hour before sail away and continue until our first island. And then start again after our last island on the way back. Usually the waters from island to island are fairly calm. But would suggest you speak to your doctor about any medications, as they will be able to advise you of the best option for you.

Have a great cruise!

Hmmm - Late November - although perhaps "officially" regarded as being in the "cyclone season", I wouldn't be too concerned about it - Bit early for the real cyclone season. If anything, in the south around Sydney, November can be a bit "iffy" with late winter season blasts coming from the south. And sticking your nose out into the Tasman from Sydney can be interesting at any time of the year - "interesting with the meaning from the Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times"

Barry

I just checked the long range sea and weather predictor and they have predicted 20 metre swells the day you sail and snow :p :p :p Kidding! :D

Seriously, who knows? I mean it's mid Spring here and two weeks ago it was like a sauna and the last week it's been Winter.

The first sea day might be a bit cool but the rest will be AWESOME!

And..............even if you don't luck out and get bad seas, I've sailed on Rhapsody in a cyclone and she handles it beautifully! (unless your in an aft cabin and it gets a lot bouncy) :D

Archived