For the ladies. a question

iluvdoxies

Both the Gem and the Pearl had great blow dryers... which ship has the bad ones... I am sailing on the Jewel and would like not to have to pack one but will if necessary.

I took my own after reading a lot of posts on CC. Very glad I did as my hair needs a more powerful dryer.

The suites have okay hair dryers and they all have Elemis products. If you are extremely picky then I guess bring your own stuff for sure. But Elemis products are top of the line--they are used in top spas. They are very gentle and natural--so for some folks who need a real super conditioner I can see they might not like them. They will bring you a mountain of them to your suite if you ask.

Anyone have a good recommendation for shampoo and conditioner? My hair is getting brittle and dull from meds. :(

Go to a reputable salon and have a stripper/clarifier done on your hair. It usually takes about 20 minutes and they will put you under the hair dryer. This will help remove all the build-up of medication and anything else there that will prevent a good conditioner from penetrating and doing it's job properly. You will have to have a good conditioner put on after the clairifier cause it really does 'strip' your hair.

Then ask the stylist what is a good deep conditioner for your hair. I like K-pak from Joico. Depending on the condition of my hair (Color processed, sun bleached, wind blown) , I will not rinse it all out, leaving most of it in there. It's the type that you can do this with and not have greasy residue. A leave in conditioner is a good idea also. Not sure about drugstore brands as I only use adn am familiar with professional products so I couldn't help you there, sorry.

• 3 years later...