Balcony cabin VS Minisuite

Lostinthe50s

Was just looking at the cabins online for the Gem. They show more square footage for the minisuite although the layouts look the same.

Where do they give you the extra square footage and is it worth the extra $ for a mini -suite? When on carnival we get an extended balcony and also a larger balcony cabin on Princess. Are all the balconies the same size on the Gem.

I don't mind spending a little bit more if it makes a big difference but they both look like there is a sitting area.

At least on the Sun the mini-suite had a full size sleeper sofa and the balcony had a twin. The curtain between sleeping areas was nice and the larger closet and bathroom with tub were very nice. With 2 adults and an 18 year old it was nice to have the extra room. 3 chairs also fit on the balcony.

I have been in a balcony and mini suite on the Gem. IMHO, the mini suite wasn't worth it to me. We are only two people and the only really noticeable perk was a tub/shower combo. However, I am more of a shower person, so the tub didn't make a difference to me. Yes, there was a curtain separating the couch from the bed and a little extra room, but I think you would need a further upgrade for a true suite experience.

Archived