New to Carnival-just checking

mamawsnest

We booked ES and have already paid in full. That date has passed anyway. Today we see a senior rate but there are no more portholes available. Can we apply for a 4A or 4B reduction and stay in our porthole? ES is very confusing at times.:confused:

Did you book the cruise yourself on line, or through a travel agent? If it was through a travel agent, he/she should be able to answer this for you. If you did it yourself, you should give Carnival a call at 1-888-CARNIVAL and see what you can find out. Hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks for the answer. I checked with CCL as I self-book and couldn't get the drop unless I changed rooms. We've been on the lower decks with other cruise lines and didn't want an interior on Riviera Deck. Stuck with our porthole. We're getting excited. Only 53 days!

If there are no rooms left in your category/capacity, then you won't get an ES discount. You can upgrade to a higher category if the rate drops below what you paid though. Keep watching, maybe something better than an interior Riviera will open up. :)

After my fifth cruise, and first on the Riviera Deck with porthole cabin, I will say it's a great deal if you can get it.

One thing to note...if you get rough seas it will sound like the ship is hitting a truck when the waves crash against the ship, especially if you are in a forward cabin and you can see the spray of the waves pass your windows like we did. It kept me awake all night on our third night because I thought someone below or beside us was banging on the walls while we sailed.

But, the cabins are pretty spacious with lots of storage areas, at least on the Elation. I was just as satisfied on the Riviera Deck on the Elation with portholes as I was on the Valor Verandah Deck Interior, quite honestly.

Archived