Jewel of the Seas Diamond Question?

Having been on all the big ships(oasis,freedom, liberty, and allure)',this is our 1st venture as diamond on a smaller ship, the Jewel in March.

Can any diamond members tell me any of the fringe benefits as I know they don't have a Diamond lounge...or do they? Any complimentary spots for Diamond members?

Any input would be appreciated.

Edited by hillbillybob

Having been on all the big ships(oasis,freedom, liberty, and allure)',this is our 1st venture as diamond on a smaller ship, the Jewel in March.

Can any domains members tell me any of the fringe benefits as I know they don't have a Diamond lounge...or do they? Any complimentary spots for Diamond members?

Any input would be appreciated.

There is no Diamond lounge but there is a nightly Diamond Event which is usually held in either the Hollywood Odyssey or in the Vortex. It depends on the number of Diamond Plus members and whether that number requires them to use the Hollywood Odyssey as the satellite CL lounge for Diamond Plus and suite guests. On the TA, and I expect it will also be the case on the upcoming repositioning cruise out of Boston, the Diamond event took place in the Vortex.:)

I have sailed a 12 night Baltic on the Jewel and the Diamond nightly event was held in the Hollywood Odyssey and attended by only about 8 people nightly..I did have Champagne and they added a little Peach liquor making it a Bellini which they acted like it was a big deal and horrible stale trail mix..very disappointed after getting spoiled in the DL on Freedom class ships..Looking forward to the newly added DL on the Radiance and hoping the next time I sail Jewel it will have the DL too....

• 3 years later...

We just went on the Explorer of the Seas and Royal claimed they were 'going green' so no longer gave you a sheet explaining your on-board benefits. However, they printed all sorts of sales on everything you can think of. The Diamond Event was a joke. Just a couple of wines, no beer, no other drinks. They gave us an option to have 3 free drinks each day but there were so many restrictions and the barkeepers gave you the third degree even though we always tipped. No free laundry or dry cleaning. No special events. Ship was lovely, food was great.

We just went on the Explorer of the Seas and Royal claimed they were 'going green' so no longer gave you a sheet explaining your on-board benefits. However, they printed all sorts of sales on everything you can think of. The Diamond Event was a joke. Just a couple of wines, no beer, no other drinks. They gave us an option to have 3 free drinks each day but there were so many restrictions and the barkeepers gave you the third degree even though we always tipped. No free laundry or dry cleaning. No special events. Ship was lovely, food was great.

We did not find this to be the case on our Explorer cruise this past December. The free drinks on our SeaPass card were the same as they had in the Concierge Lounge, and we had no issues with the bartenders getting us the free drinks. We also received a letter with a list of our coupons on our stateroom.

You will find the 3 drink per person voucher system added to your SeaPass Card to be the case on every RCI ship. You can use these vouchers every evening during the hours that the CL and DL are open which is usually 5-8:30. You will be served the same drinks at any bar that are served to you in the lounges.

Here is a listing of what will be loaded onto your SeaPass Cards Current Listing of Exclusive Onboard Offers by C&A Level There could be variations since the list was published.

Diamond Members do not get free laundry.