Melborne Fla. Airport

jor3334

Carnival has me routed to the Melborne airport vs. Orlando for my Dream cruise next Sat. I am leaving from Phl. going thru Atlanta to Melborne and returning thru the same airports the following week. I would appreciate any insight at all about this airport and how easy or hard it is to navigate from anyone who has used this airport for their cruise leaving from Port Canaveral. Thank you.

Carnival has me routed to the Melborne airport vs. Orlando for my Dream cruise next Sat. I am leaving from Phl. going thru Atlanta to Melborne and returning thru the same airports the following week. I would appreciate any insight at all about this airport and how easy or hard it is to navigate from anyone who has used this airport for their cruise leaving from Port Canaveral. Thank you.

Tiny airport very easy to find your way around. If you are driving to the port it is about 15 miles or so very easy.

Very easy drive. I always drive up A1A instead of I-95.

Fabulous option! Small airport, much easier and less hassle than Orlando.

My companys private plane uses this airport all the time so I know it very well.

Its a real small airport which you can walk one end to the other in 4 minutes.Its not 15 miles from the port from 95, its about 32 miles. Its off of exit 180 off of I95.The port is north to exit 205 east. That travel alone is 25 miles plus 3 miles from exit 180 and another 4 from exit 205.

The hardest part will be getting from the airport to the highway.From there it is real easy.

Baggage claim is a cinch,rental car is easy,but more expensive than orlando.

Anything specific,just ask

A lot closer than Orlando and an easy drive than Orlando traffic. Straight up 95 then off at Port Canaveral.

What traffic in Orlando? Airport exits straight onto highway and coming back it exits straight off into the airport.At no time do you have to drive Orlando traffic.The airport is not even close to the real Orlando.

I have never flown into MLB for a cruise, but have parents-in law who live in Melbourne Beach and have driven to the port from there. Easy Peasy. I would think it would be a great alternative to Orlando--especially if you have no intention of going to any of the amusement parks. As someone else said, if you have time, drive up A1A instead of the 95 highway.

Archived