Virgin Islands Sailaway vs Snorkeling by Boat

DEL67

My sister and I definitely want to snorkel in Tortola, but want limit it to half a day so we have time to take my husband on a tour of the island (he is disabled that we can not find anything else that he can do.)

The independent tours seem to be all-day, so I am trying to decide between HAL's Virgin Islands Sailaway or Snorkeling by Boat. Does anyone know what the difference is other than type of boat or have a suggestion as to which is better? I love sail boats, but if the snorkeling is about the same, I will probably go with the snorkeling by boat because we would be leaving my husband for less time.

We did the Sail Away from Tortola to Norman Island THe sail was great both to and from Norman. We had perfect weather. We snorkeled off the Catamaran at Norman I. Inside a cave and through a reef or two. Good snorkeling. About 45 minutes but the time goes by real fast. Followed that with about a 1/2 stop at a small beech for a snack, drinks and beach time. Then back to Tortola.

The guys who run the Sail Away are great and I recommend them. Sailing around the BVI's is perfect

DEL67 .... As suggested by 1st Mate ...

The Virgin Island Sailaway (Click for cruisers' reviews) ...

could be a good option for you! :)

Your DH would enjoy the sail and at the beach stop there's a pier so that makes it possible for him to get on and off of the catamaran. Some folks always stay aboard at the 45 minute stop at the caves so he would not be alone. Could be a great excursion for your DH! :)

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

We did HAL's Virgin Islands Sailaway, and enjoyed it very much. My husband is partially disabled and so we felt the catamaran with the stairs down the middle as opposed to a boat with a ladder would be easier, it was too. Whatever you decide I'm sure you will enjoy your snorkeling :) Go with your heart :)

Thanks everyone for the advice and kind thoughts. Unluckily my husband can not go with us. He can not walk and he is a big man so carrying him down the steps of the catamaran isn't practical. That's why I was leaning toward the Snorkel by Boat if the snorkel time is about the same. Its shorter so we would not have to leave him for as long.

Archived