What to do in Port Canaveral with kids, ages 8, 10 and 11

wmailman

I am thinking of booking the NCL Jewel, which has Port Canaveral as one of its ports. We will be 2 moms (40's and 50's), each with 2 kids (4 kids in all), ages 8-11. Two years ago, I was on the NCL Gem, which basically did the same route then, so I am familiar with the ports on this cruise. This is my problem. What to do in Port Canaveral with kids? We did the Space center last time, so I don't want to do that again. We've done Disney as well. What I really want to do is Sea World in Orlando. Here is the problem. The ship docks at noon and Sea World is open that day from ( 9am-6 pm). Is it crazy to try and do Sea World? I am guessing by the time we get a rental car and get to Sea World, it will be close to 2 pm. Any suggestions? I know Carnival has a cruise that does similar ports (Carnival Pride), with much better hours in port for Port Canaveral (like 8am-8pm), but I have taken 3 NCL cruises in the last 2 years and have been happy with NCL. I haven't been on Carnival in 30 years and some of the reviews for their cruise concern me. Any advice would be appreciated, including other kid friendly excursions in Port Canaveral.

Thanks

I am thinking of booking the NCL Jewel, which has Port Canaveral as one of its ports. We will be 2 moms (40's and 50's), each with 2 kids (4 kids in all), ages 8-11. Two years ago, I was on the NCL Gem, which basically did the same route then, so I am familiar with the ports on this cruise. This is my problem. What to do in Port Canaveral with kids? We did the Space center last time, so I don't want to do that again. We've done Disney as well. What I really want to do is Sea World in Orlando. Here is the problem. The ship docks at noon and Sea World is open that day from ( 9am-6 pm). Is it crazy to try and do Sea World? I am guessing by the time we get a rental car and get to Sea World, it will be close to 2 pm. Any suggestions? I know Carnival has a cruise that does similar ports (Carnival Pride), with much better hours in port for Port Canaveral (like 8am-8pm), but I have taken 3 NCL cruises in the last 2 years and have been happy with NCL. I haven't been on Carnival in 30 years and some of the reviews for their cruise concern me. Any advice would be appreciated, including other kid friendly excursions in Port Canaveral.

Thanks

If you will click just above my name, it will give you some ideas such as the Brevard Zoo, Dinosaur Shop to name a few.

If we can help further, just let us know

What I really want to do is Sea World in Orlando. Here is the problem. The ship docks at noon and Sea World is open that day from ( 9am-6 pm). Is it crazy to try and do Sea World? I am guessing by the time we get a rental car and get to Sea World, it will be close to 2 pm. Any suggestions?

Skip SeaWorld. You don't have enough time.

Instead, you might want to consider an airboat ride at Lone Cabbage Fish Camp http://www.twisterairboatrides.com/index.html You will need a rental car, but it's an easy 20-30 minute drive.

Archived