Our FIRST RCCL Cruise- FOS 10/2-10/9

BLAMBKY

JENNAT- Thanks for sharing! Those were all things that I had wondered about already. I think it helps to hear and expect some of it to plan mentally. Now... Heading back to read more of your review! :)

I am on Freedom tomorrow 4 Dec, I have five grandkids who have never cruised. I am writing this post to tell you about my experience with Allure. It is a great ship. Yes, the Windjammer is smaller; but you have so many dining options for breakfast. The solarium bistro, is a health food place for breakfast or lunch, Johnny Rockets prepares made to order breakfasts, Promenade and Central Park Cafe have breakfast, along with the main dining room. The shows are great, you do have to do advance planning and book the shows online prior to boarding. But they are all worth it. The Aqua show with diving is nice, Blue Planet is a show much like Cirque Soliel, Chicago the musical, was good, there are almost twice as many venues on Allure than Freedom. More bars, more show places, and two flowriders, they use one flowrider for standup surfing, and the other for, boogie boarding, two rock climbing walls, and the zip line. This is just a quick idea of what's avail on Allure, since I haven't been on Freedom I will wait to post a review and let you know what I liked about Freedom and compare it to Allure. Cheers

I am on Freedom tomorrow 4 Dec, I have five grandkids who have never cruised. I am writing this post to tell you about my experience with Allure. It is a great ship. Yes, the Windjammer is smaller; but you have so many dining options for breakfast. The solarium bistro, is a health food place for breakfast or lunch, Johnny Rockets prepares made to order breakfasts, Promenade and Central Park Cafe have breakfast, along with the main dining room. The shows are great, you do have to do advance planning and book the shows online prior to boarding. But they are all worth it. The Aqua show with diving is nice, Blue Planet is a show much like Cirque Soliel, Chicago the musical, was good, there are almost twice as many venues on Allure than Freedom. More bars, more show places, and two flowriders, they use one flowrider for standup surfing, and the other for, boogie boarding, two rock climbing walls, and the zip line. This is just a quick idea of what's avail on Allure, since I haven't been on Freedom I will wait to post a review and let you know what I liked about Freedom and compare it to Allure.

Cheers

:D Bring it on baby! I can not wait to hear everything!!! I am STILL waiting on our school calendars to be released to decide on our next trip. (ugh, doesn't

everyone plan vacations FAR in advance?) I am still very much leaning towards FOS though, I love, LoVe, LOVED it!!!!:p

• 3 weeks later...

Britney, stopped in to read your review (since I saw your reference to it in your signature when you posted on our thread). You did a great job on it! I too feel bad that we didn't get to chat in person after all of the chatting we did on our roll call. I was overwhelmed at the M&M. There didn't seem like enough time to M&M and I didn't really get the chance to see you there and after reading your review, I see why we didn't get to see much of each other on the ship. You seemed to do opposite things than we did or at least at opposite times. Oh well, maybe theres a chance we'll meet up again on a future cruise and get a chance to chat face to face. Best to you and your family for a happy, healthy, New Year and many cruises in your future! Take care...

Hi Britney! I feel bad that it has taken me this long to finally read your review. I must say, you did a fantastic job writing it! Reading your review brought back my memories of the trip and the great time I had. I especially enjoyed meeting many of our fellow CruisCritic Roll Call group, Al & Janet, Sherie & George, Tom & Diana, Dave & Karen, Polly, Silent Bob & family, the Buckeye State folks, Carl, Heath and their group, and of course you and your family Britney! I might be forgetting a few others and I apologize to you guys if you see this post.:o

Thanks for taking your time to write this and I hope you have many more cruises in your future! Harold. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Britney! I feel bad that it has taken me this long to finally read your review. I must say, you did a fantastic job writing it! Reading your review brought back my memories of the trip and the great time I had. I especially enjoyed meeting many of our fellow CruisCritic Roll Call group, Al & Janet, Sherie & George, Tom & Diana, Dave & Karen, Polly, Silent Bob & family, the Buckeye State folks, Carl, Heath and their group, and of course you and your family Britney! I might be forgetting a few others and I apologize to you guys if you see this post.:o

Thanks for taking your time to write this and I hope you have many more cruises in your future! Harold. :D

Thanks for your kind words. I wish more would come back and write reviews. It really helps the time pass, while dreaming & waiting for your next cruise! Just so you know, I think :rolleyes: my honey might be a little jealous of you.

;) Since October I have suggested (at least once a week) that we run away and take a quick cruise. He cheekily replied that... "He can not just take off, like a single fire fighter." :D LOL! So there you have it, you need to cruise EVERY CHANCE you get and write reviews, so we can live vicariously through you, until our kids are grown!!!

Thanks for your kind words. I wish more would come back and write reviews. It really helps the time pass, while dreaming & waiting for your next cruise! Just so you know, I think :rolleyes: my honey might be a little jealous of you.

;) Since October I have suggested (at least once a week) that we run away and take a quick cruise. He cheekily replied that... "He can not just take off, like a single fire fighter." :D LOL! So there you have it, you need to cruise EVERY CHANCE you get and write reviews, so we can live vicariously through you, until our kids are grown!!!

Hi Britney! Hahaha! The life of a single fire fighter, it's not bad most of the time. By the time the first three months of this year are over I am really going to need to "take off" and do one of those short cruises! That's also going to be one of the things to do to not make the wait for the big cruise in September so unbearable.:)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. My Christmas was so special I do not think I will ever forget it. After all the gifts were opened, I surprised my grandson with a little scavenger hunt for gifts with attached clues. One was a check for $55, which led him to the passport application that will cost $55. It ended with a 2016 Beaches calendar. I had found photos of my grands when they were little tykes at the beach or in our pool. I cut those out and pasted them as pop-ups on the different beach photos in the calendar. It looked so real and everyone really was impressed. Then I made a countdown to the cruise on each day from now until the 12th of June. When he got to June and saw he was going on a cruise, he was totally shocked, and even cried he was so overwhelmed. It is going to be his graduation present. It will be me, my daughter and my granddaughter along with him. He is so excited and just loves the calendar. He has it next to his bed and is ticking off the days. It just adds to my excitement, too. I love it when someone is so excited over a gift.

Pre cruise stay check out The Country Inn and Suites very nice place to stay and they have a shuttle to the port.

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Wytheville, VA on our way to Myrtle Beach last year and can tell you that one is very nice as well! In case anyone passes through there and is looking for a hotel! My in laws liked it so much, they cancelled their reservations for the trip home and booked here instead!