On Board Credit (OBC) offered

hondorner

GASC has just added an incentive to book: up$150 onboard credit if booked before December 31, 2011. For the category E cabin that we booked, the credit is $100.

While the cost of American river cruising may seem high to folks who have primarily cruised the mass market cruise lines, it actually compares very well when all the incentives and included items are taken into account. GASC is including a free overnight stay in a luxury hotel either before or after the cruise (ours is in the Westin Canal Place hotel in New Orleans with a scenic tour upriver to Vicksburg before embarking), free regular excursions (I suppose they may have some premium excursions), free sodas and bottled water, and free wine or beer at dinner. Now, the OBC will cover an occasional evening drink or lunchtime beer.

When you consider that US law (the Jones Act) requires all vessels that visit only American ports to be American built, American flagged and carry only American crew (all adding to the cost), the fares on the American Queen are quite good. It's a great way to Buy American and help provide American jobs!

Don

I wish we had the time next year to do one of the cruises

The prices are not really that bad when you look at some of the other ALL American lines

I could have booked an O cruise for the price we paid on ACCL :D

Would have been a better choice

Hope you enjoy the trip

lyn

Archived