World Cruise formal nights

Scrapnana

About how many formal nights on a world cruise? Semi-formal nights? I know I read this somewhere before but now can't find it.

Thanks,

kathi

Hi, Kathi.

You can find the dress code schedules (including the schedules for the 2012 world voyages) for each ship from this page on ask.cunard.com:

What will the dress code be whilst I am on board?

Note these schedules are **Subject to Change**, but they should provide a general idea of what the schedules are likely to be.

Regards,

John.

On my QE2 full world cruise (2007) of 108 nights, there were over 50 formal nights. Most of the remaining days were semi-formal (jacket and tie); about a dozen or so were elegant casual (jacket, no tie).

QE2 was a much more formal ship than Queen Mary, so I suspect it might not be as demanding.

I loved it all, even when I was swelteringly uncomfortable during senior officers/captain's parties held outdoors before dinner!

Go and Enjoy. It's the experience of a lifetime.

Bobby

Hi there

Just log into your account and check your travel summary

that has the current list there

on my christmas trip of 29 nights, I have something like 15 formal nights

and think on my sh to syd on elizabeth have around another 15 or so

including a few black and white balls, buccaneers ball, elizabethan ball, ascot ball etc etc

cheers

Greg:)

Hi there

Just log into your account and check your travel summary

that has the current list there

on my christmas trip of 29 nights, I have something like 15 formal nights

and think on my sh to syd on elizabeth have around another 15 or so

including a few black and white balls, buccaneers ball, elizabethan ball, ascot ball etc etc

cheers

Greg:)

Really? Where?

I logged into my voyage personaliser and the travel summary only has this to say about the dress code.

YOUR ITINERARY

There will be a number of formal, semi-formal, and smart casual nights on your voyage. Details of these will be provided in your preliminary documents received around 8 weeks before sailing.

• 2 months later...

Last year we were onboard QM2 for 94 days, I think 36 were formal, and at least that many semi-formal. The formals are on sea days. When you return from a full day of touring, you sometimes wish for casual, but it is what it is for the main dining. We hated King's Court so only once stopped to take a plate back to the room rather than waiting for room service. Twice I had room service. We ate at Brittania Club all other dinners, almost all meals.

Archived