Purse users

Kentman23

I usually wear a messenger bag that I can have go across my front where I can see and hold it if necessary. My favorite brand is Timbuk 2, they are expensive but made from a tougher ballistic nylon type material so they are really durable. I use them for my every day purse at home as well. I always leave me passport onboard the ship but I do carry a copy with me. I usually split the cash/CC between myself, husband and the ship safe. I just stay very aware of where I am and what people are doing around me. I've never had any problems. I have a money belt but rarely do I feel the need to actually use it.

I agree with the other poster on the Pacsafe stuff. It is a little pricier but the piece of mind is great. And if you are a port shopper the backpac would be nice as well to carry the purchases. They have all sorts of cool stuff. I have a pacsafe metrosafe 100. It is a small cross body purse. Very basic. not the most stylish thing but not god awful either. My husband has the camera bag and the strap for his SLR. I will say it works. We used ours in Italy and on the trains which have issues and he felt a tug or two. I personally have a waist belt with passport, Credit card and most of my money. so all the important stuff on my waist. I have maybe 20 in misc money in my purse as well as my camera, inhaler, basic meds ( Imodium, Excedrin, etc) asthma inhaler. Although I have never been I would suggest not taking a purse if worried and doing just a under cloths waist pack for most of the stuff. I also have a waterproof sleeve for my passport that I put in the waist thing and keep my money and cards in it as well. I find you tend to sweat where the belt is. A few misc stuff in pockets. I personally would not feel comfortable in a foreign place without my own passport, sign and sail , cards and money on me in case people get separated.

The link is the one I have but they have many options

http://www.pacsafe.com/www/index.php?_room=3&_action=detail&id=134

Ya... I have that metro 100 as well as the backpace n LOVE it. Fairly slim but holds a fair amount. I can stick my DSLR in it n still have space. I also have the camera strap that I love. It's comfortable to wear and a great length.

I always carry a purse into port. I need something to carry. Have never felt "nervous" about doing that.

My s&s card is either in it or in a pocket. We carry copies of our passports.

Totslly agree-always carry purse as it is more than a credit card and money holder for me-I just only take one cc, cash, s&s card,copy of passport plus my regular personal items. I look like a tourist but have what my husband calls 'the look', so I do not think I look like a mark but instead, a woman not to mess with-and proud of it.

I guess I'm in the minority here - I carry one of my tote style purses. I have room for my camera, bottle of water and all my little goodies that I buy while on each island. I don't keep any important things in my wallet and my husband has the same credit cards as I do - so no need for each of us to carry them. I do try to keep my tote over my shoulder that is between my husband and I. I have never felt nervous at all carrying my purse.

Ya... I have that metro 100 as well as the backpace n LOVE it. Fairly slim but holds a fair amount. I can stick my DSLR in it n still have space. I also have the camera strap that I love. It's comfortable to wear and a great length.

We have the camera strap and the camera bag that has a locking combo. And although slim I get a thinker point and shoot. asthma inhaler. Tissue, meds. chapstick, gum, cough drops. nail file etc in it

Archived