Mediterranean Shore Excusion help needed

We are cruising on Legend of the Seas for 14 days beginning June 18th. Ports include Southampton, England; Praira Da Rocha, Portugal; Gibraltar; Rome; Nice, France; Ajaccio, Corsica; Barcelona, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; and Vigo, Spain. Does anyone have suggestions for shore excursions for any of these ports? We are interested in excusions offered by the cruise line and "on your own" excusions as well. Thanks for any suggestions.

Check out the Ports of call boards for specific information on the various ports.

Here is a link to it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Find the Europe board and the British Isles and Western Europe one to start with.

Also check the roll call board for a roll call for your cruise. You may find others to share tours with and lots of information on your cruise. Use the search feature to find your cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Have a great next cruise.

In Corsica we enjoyed the "Corsican Countryside and Wine Tasting" which visited a local vineyard (and you could purchase wine). In Barcelona you should take a least a short city tour and see all of the Gaudi masterpieces--including Sagrada Familia, still a work in progress. Eat some paella on Las Ramblas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi--I am going on the same cruise as you---Fairlawn (near Akron here) with my family----

We are doing a private tour in Rome and in Nice, and doing Gibralter on our own.....

We have picked our other already for the reamining ports , they are the ones offered by RCI---

I just got notification of our air arrangements yesterday----do you have yours yet?

55 days and counting=)

J

I know that in Barcelona, the city is great for tourists, and it is fairly easy to do the "bus" tour on your own.

I know there are 2 bus lines that do tours. Basically you get on at any of the stops, and you can get off at any of the stops, and catch the next bus that goes in the "circular route". They run all day ... and they go by the most popular tourism places. I believe a day's ticket is 20 euros per day. But you'd easily spend that in Barcelona on taxi's, so it really is worth it.

The two lines of busses are two different colors. The blue one is the most popular, and the orange one is called Barcelona Tours. I think there was a picture of the busses somewhere on the internet (although I can't find it now).

Things I wouldn't miss are: Las Ramblas, The Cathedral (in the Barri Gotic area), La Sagrada Familiia, and the Olympic Stadium area (lots of museums and squares here). That should be enough for a day! :D

My pictures link on my signature has pictues of Barcelona, Cannes, Nice, and Rome.

Hope this helps!

• 5 weeks later...

jsue66, We just got our flight information last week, leaving Columbus the evening of the 17th arriving in London the next morning. We will have 7 of us in our group, ranging in age from 16 (my niece) to 67 (my mother). The countdown is on (4 weeks from today).

Hi--I am going on the same cruise as you---Fairlawn (near Akron here) with my family----

We are doing a private tour in Rome and in Nice, and doing Gibralter on our own.....

We have picked our other already for the reamining ports , they are the ones offered by RCI---

I just got notification of our air arrangements yesterday----do you have yours yet?

55 days and counting=)

J

Interested in knowing who you selected to do your private tours in Nice and Rome. We will be on Splendor of the Seas the end of July. Thx for your help.

Cruisin Jane

NC:D

I was in Europe last summer and had a private tour of Rome. It was fabulous - Bob's Limousines...ask for Fabio. He picked us up in a 4 door mercedes and was SOOOO knowledgable of Rome (very good English) and very fun. He is also flexible - for example if you want to go to lunch - he will recommend a good place, wait for you and take you on to the next place. They have a website. I think it is just Bob's Limousines. Have fun!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived