Magic Deck 6 Questions

Ches94

If you have a balcony, you wouldnt have much privacy if you are near the hot tubs on deck 5. They stick out from the promenade deck. Thats the worst problem. Deck 6, unless you are out on a end, you probably need to drag and drop the below deck

they can see into your balcony, plus of course you hear them talking, being only one deck up.

OH SNAP......hadn't thought of that!!!

Here's a few pictures that will let you see the problem...

Dream103.jpg

Dream101.jpg

The Upper Deck balconies are the first row at the bottom that you see in those pictures. The people using the hot tubs can almost look directly onto your balcony. The noise, of course, is a function of the occupants of those hot tubs!!!

:)

Thanks Mach. Do you know which area (cabin numbers this would affect?) I get really confused looking at the deck plans

A bunch... 6315 - 6347 and 6369 - 6401 starboard side... 6306 - 6342 and 6384 - 6420 on the port side and that's MINIMUM. There's also deck extensions forward and aft that jut out as far as the hot tubs do...

I would so prefer an aft balcony (we need a 2 person and a 3 person) and they show no 3 person afts? I guess I just need to go up to deck 9 (that as high as I can go online)????????

You need not go that high... looking at the pictures you can see that the next deck up isn't that bad (Empress...) and the one above that is even better (Verandah...) The next deck, deck 9, is the Vista. There's also balcony cabins available on the Lido Deck, the Panorama Deck and the Spa deck!!!

If you want to stay on the Upper Deck there are balcony cabins for and aft that have minimal impact from the exterior Promenade below...

Do they just not offer 3 person aft balcont cabins? Or are they all full? We have a skinny 9 year old who could crash on the couch as long as their is a life jacket

If the cabin is not designated to house 3 you can't put 3 in there.

I believe that the only extended afts for 3 are on the Vista Deck... cabins 9476 and 9479...

We were on deck 8, roughly above Red Frog's. While it never bothered us at night, you could heat the hustle and bustle from there and the promenade in general. See my video below for what I mean. It's a tour of the ship and I got a few nice shots of the promenade from our cabin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O0FvAlIdhA

Thanks so much for the video. From it, i tlooks like the first few balconies on deck 6 do not look over the promenade. I know the front can have a bit more motion and we may hear the anchor (we'll probably be ready to go ashore at that point anyway). Any reason not to book forward (besides walking more)

Thanks for all of the replies plus pics Mach! I was originally booked on deck 6 DIRECTLY over one of those hot tubs on 11/27. This would have NOT been the kind of view we were hoping for. Fortunately I was able to change cabins to deck 9 forward. Crisis averted:D thanks to you guys!

Archived