James Tours

Katiekakes

I totally agree! If a tour operator is going to have a website, give me all the needed facts, including cost. Last year I tried to get information about a James tour of St. Lucia, and it was like pulling teeth. He wanted my phone number and would not answer even my most basic questions via email. I finally gave up and booked with Cosol (recommend!) . Then for the past year, I keep getting constant messages from James that he wants me to be a friend on Facebook.

The Facebook thing would really annoy me. Thanks for the Cosol recommendation...I'll check them out.

I'm the planner for our group, which may include as many as 20 people so knowing all the details, prices, etc. is important. It's hard to budget and sell an excursion to my friends if they ask me questions and my answer is, "I don't know"! And I am not a pulling teeth kind of person. Just give me the info up front and let me decide, LOL!

We just got back and used James and Desiree in St. Lucia. Absolutely loved it, easily the best tour we have done in any of the islands. James is a lot of fun to talk to (especially with the current state of the Steelers) and Desiree was very sweet. She took tons of pictures for us at the waterfall and mudbaths. We also did the banana plantation, Margot, and there were a couple of other surprises along the way. We also sampled fruit directly from the vine and a fresh coconut... The rum punch was very tasty as well. We also seemed to beat the other tours to stops by a few minutes each time, so we had a couple of them virtually to ourselves. I would highly recommend.

• 1 month later...
I have been looking through the posts about James Touring, and this just is not true. The thread titled "James Tours or Spencer Ambrose? Can't decide - Help!" has 4 or 5 negative reviews. Some of the posters later said that James called them after they posted on CC and he apologized, but that doesn't take away from a bad tour.

Also, Martytap, alot of the positive reviews and comments are from you! You seem to be a constant cheerleader for James, even to the point of insulting people who have different opinions.

There are alot of "positive" comments about JAmes from people who haven't even toured with him yet. Their comments are solely about how quickly he answered their request for a tour, and "what good customer service." This is a recurring theme. Then it turns out that that one poster revealed that she was urged by James to post a positive comment about how quickly he responded. He even offered a free tour if she did this.

This makes me wonder about the authenticity of some of the "Positive" reviews.

Just went on James tour on November 6th 2013, and it was an amazing day! He is a very safe driver which is first and foremost. He has a tour guide with him (desere) she is knowledgable and a lot of fun. For the price each of us paid, 6 of us, it included 3snacks a hot lunch and soft drinks, water, and the best rum punch I ever drank. Mud bath, waterfall, banana plantation all included.if ANYONE has any concerns or questions feel free to ask or email me.

We've been trying to contact James to book a tour but have had no response from either of his website addresses. Not sure what the problem is in regards to the no reply especially after I read that people have had tours with him recently so they must have been in contact with him. :confused:

We've been trying to contact James to book a tour but have had no response from either of his website addresses. Not sure what the problem is in regards to the no reply especially after I read that people have had tours with him recently so they must have been in contact with him. :confused:

Try emailing him with your name and full phone number again. If that doesn't get a response contact him on Facebook. Each time I've booked with him I got prompt responses. Don't give up. I noticed when sending emails to the Caribbean there is a small lag.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I did send him my email to both different website addresses plus used his form on his site to send him my email address and phone number. Not sure what the problem is but if no answer shortly going to have to look for another guide as we'll be there in December.

I did send him my email to both different website addresses plus used his form on his site to send him my email address and phone number. Not sure what the problem is but if no answer shortly going to have to look for another guide as we'll be there in December.

I am thinking you have something blocked and that is why he can't reach out to you.. I hope you get the issue resolved. If not have fun with whomever you book thru.

I am thinking you have something blocked and that is why he can't reach out to you.. I hope you get the issue resolved. If not have fun with whomever you book thru.

No nothing blocked. Not having trouble with any other emails. Yes, I am sure we will have a good day either way....appreciate your kind thoughts.

Just came back yesterday from our Southern Caribbean cruise including St. Lucia. Our group of 10 people booked with James for an exclusive and private tour. Contacted James via email and he responded quickly and even called me twice in Canada to provide us with his rate based on the itinerary tailored to our interest. He is a very safe driver while his tour guide, Jan, is very knowledgeable and accommodating. He provided us with free beverages, beers and 'happy pop' (rum punch) as well as authentic flavors from hot off the oven Creole bread with goat cheese. He made stops at the plantation to sample fares from bananas and banana chips, drove to small towns through Anse La Raye, Soufriere, Canaries, etc; sulphur springs with optional mud baths, after which he took us to a waterfall where you can also take a dip. He also scheduled a wonderful hot lunch of local cuisine (included in the rate) at Beacon Restaurant, above a cliff overlooking the Pitons. His rate included admissions to the Sulphur Springs, Waterfall and a delectable lunch at the restaurant. Stay positive - James will respond to all emails.

I just emailed James about our group. And not even two minutes later, I received a phone call from the man himself. He is sending me an email with all the info needed. Very professional man. Cannot wait!

Our group decided a while back on James after I used him before but I kept forgetting to send him an email. That was quick!

• 1 month later...
I have been reading and reading these reviews..... and it seems no one will post the price they paid :confused:

Went on this tour November 6th 2013, 6 of us in van,sixty five $ per person. I can honestly say was the best tour I ever took. It included drinks, snacks and a hot lunch..Very informative and FUN excursion, don't hesitate to email him and ask questions he answers pretty quickly.

It was $65 US for us to go in Jan 2014. It included the van, driver, a narrator, tour around the island, hot lunch which was chicken, rice, salad, vegetable, brownies and a drink, all entry fees to mud bath (a must do!), and the waterfall. We stopped at a banana plantation where we tasted banana mustard, banana bbq sauce, and banana rum. When booking, our group went from 2 to 25 and he was able to accommodate us all at the last minute. He responded quickly to emails and also phoned me. It was one of the best tours I have ever taken - cannot say enough good things about him, his professionalism, and his tour!

It was $65 US for us to go in Jan 2014. It included the van, driver, a narrator, tour around the island, hot lunch which was chicken, rice, salad, vegetable, brownies and a drink, all entry fees to mud bath (a must do!), and the waterfall. We stopped at a banana plantation where we tasted banana mustard, banana bbq sauce, and banana rum. When booking, our group went from 2 to 25 and he was able to accommodate us all at the last minute. He responded quickly to emails and also phoned me. It was one of the best tours I have ever taken - cannot say enough good things about him, his professionalism, and his tour!

Thanks so much for your response... I think I will go with him :D I had almost written him off b/c he didn't have prices on his website!!

Went on this tour November 6th 2013, 6 of us in van,sixty five $ per person. I can honestly say was the best tour I ever took. It included drinks, snacks and a hot lunch..Very informative and FUN excursion, don't hesitate to email him and ask questions he answers pretty quickly.

Thanks!!!! I think I will go with him

I emailed James last night about a private tour for our family of 4, hitting all the big highlights of the other tours but just for our family. He quoted me $250 all inclusive. My kids will be 10 and 11 on the day we take the tour. I was quoted $360 by Cosol last night for a private tour through them. I'm curious about the differences between them. I will need to make a decision soon, as we are leaving on 2/7!

James all the way!!!! He has worked on a cruise ship, lived in the U.S. and everything is spic and span in his vehicles!!!!!!! His personality is awesome!! He also provides water and spiced rum drinks if you want them. Our group of 25 got there about 10 minutes before he told us to meet him and he was there waiting and he kept us ahead of all the other tour groups :0)

The restaurant he took us to was up on the mountain looking at the Pitons. Other groups were just having snack food - ours was a real meal. Again, I have had tours all over the world and cannot say enough about what a good time all of us had! He definitely got tips from everyone!

James all the way!!!! He has worked on a cruise ship, lived in the U.S. and everything is spic and span in his vehicles!!!!!!! His personality is awesome!! He also provides water and spiced rum drinks if you want them. Our group of 25 got there about 10 minutes before he told us to meet him and he was there waiting and he kept us ahead of all the other tour groups :0)

The restaurant he took us to was up on the mountain looking at the Pitons. Other groups were just having snack food - ours was a real meal. Again, I have had tours all over the world and cannot say enough about what a good time all of us had! He definitely got

We were treated to our own private tour of northern St Lucia. James certainly gave us the grass root tour of his country. He certainly has great contacts and can easily pass on his knowledge of his home island.

Several times he surprised us with those special little extras. We had a lovely beach restaurant lobster lunch and were most impressed.

James is very well presented and proud of his business.

Top tour guide, the man who delivers it all and MORE!!

JAMES'S TOURS all the way.

We were treated to our own private tour of northern St Lucia. James certainly gave us the grass root tour of his country. He certainly has great contacts and can easily pass on his knowledge of his home island.

Several times he surprised us with those special little extras. We had a lovely beach restaurant lobster lunch and were most impressed.

James is very well presented and proud of his business.

Top tour guide, the man who delivers it all and MORE! !

JAMES'S TOURS all the way.

We are booked for our visit in two weeks. He called me immediately and even asked if we wanted a private tour or with others. Very considerate. He's such a great guy, we didn't want to hog him all to ourselves so I told him so.

Hi Tina,

Are you, by chance, going to be sailing on the Celebrity Summit, embarking on February 8th?

We are going to be on that sailing, and we are still trying to nail down what excursion we want to do on St. Lucia.

Hi Tina,

Are you, by chance, going to be sailing on the Celebrity Summit, embarking on February 8th?

We are going to be on that sailing, and we are still trying to nail down what excursion we want to do on St. Lucia.

Sorry SuperLarz,

I'm on the Carnival Valor. We sail out of San Juan, February 9th. We arrive in St Lucia on the 13th.

James is a great choice. Like I've said before, this is our second time with him.