B2B Allure in two weeks- random questions

lktomkies

DH and I sailing Allure B2B Nov. 13th and 20th. The 1st week, we'll be alone, the second week (Thanksgiving) our four kids will be joining us. The last cruise we took was FOS, 11/06, so it's been a while!

Can anyone tell me if they still offer "free" soda in the teen area? I recall they did on FOS, but not sure if RCI may have discontinued that.

We have early seating, but have booked specialty dining on three nights. If we want to eat at, say 7:30 one evening, would they seat us in the MTD area if we get in a standby line?

On turn around day, we plan to get off the ship and collect our kids. The main reason to do that is so we can all get our picture taken together for the facial recognition thing. Do you agree that's what we should do? Also, DH and I are platinum, but kids are all gold. Can they wait in the priority boarding area with us?

Last question (for now anyway)! We are purchasing the picture cd only for the second week when the kids are with us. Is there an actual photographers studio where we can have formal pictures taken? Also, DD 17 is a senior in high school and would like to have some "senior picture" type pix taken on the ship. Anyone kow if the ships photographers would be willing to take a few "on location" shots of her someplace beautiful (for instance the chapel)?

Thanks so much! I may have more ?s later!

Linda

No soda is included anywhere for anyone...unless you have access to the concierge lounge. You can buy soda by the can, or get a fountain soda package for the kids.

If you have traditional dining (a set time), then you either go at that time, or eat elsewhere...there is no "standby" line.

Can't help with the photos....so far, they always catch me with my eyes closed!!!!

On turnaround day, you have to get off the ship to go thru immigration and whatnot.....no...they will have to use the regular check-in line, as you won't have to go through that process...you will have an expidited line, since you're doing a B2B.

You can get an "In Transit" pass and go downstairs to meet your kids. You will not need to check in. Don't worry about check in lines; when we were there in July (around 12:30), there were no lines longer than one ahead of you.

RCI has check-in at Terminal 18 for the Oasis and the Allure down to a science; they really mean it when they say 15 minutes from curb to on the ship as long as you arrive after they have started boarding (around 11 or so).

Please keep the ship in good shape as we are boarding for a b2b the day you leave.:D

Archived