Extended Balcony 6255 on Pride-Blocked View?

elzapato

Has anyone been in an extended balcony room on Pride that's next to a wall like 6255? My thinking when I booked was that we were traveling during the colder months (leaving January 29th for Bahamas out of Baltimore) so the wall would provide some wind protection and make the balcony a good place to sit in the morning and drink my tea. I knew that the lifeboats were below us but I've seen some pics and they stick out more than I thought they would. I just want to be able to sit outside with DH and enjoy the view but now I'm wondering if the wall and lifeboat below will drive me crazy or I'll be glad I booked a balcony with some protection from the wind (some people on warmer weather cruises complained it was too hot so I figured it would be just right for the winter cruise). Anyone thoughts?

the life boats sit on deck 4. obstruct deck 5.

The lifeboats do not even come anywhere near your bal;cony/ you will only see them when standing at the railing.

here is my photo of that wall-

it is from deck 6.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0186.JPG

Thanks for the pic. I guess it will be a trade-off between not being able to look forward up the ship but being a little sheltered and warmer (I'm cold-blooded so the warmer the better!). It might bug me not being able to see straight down but it seems like just sitting in my chair and staring out to sea will be a pretty good view.

Thanks for the pic. I guess it will be a trade-off between not being able to look forward up the ship but being a little sheltered and warmer (I'm cold-blooded so the warmer the better!). It might bug me not being able to see straight down but it seems like just sitting in my chair and staring out to sea will be a pretty good view.

I thought it would bug me too but actually did not spent a considerable amount of time standing at the railing to look down.

The view out is amazing. at night-- close your curtains, turn off your light and feel like you are one with the world. awesome

the life boats sit on deck 4. obstruct deck 5.

The lifeboats do not even come anywhere near your bal;cony/ you will only see them when standing at the railing.

here is my photo of that wall-

it is from deck 6.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0186.JPG

Serene..I plan a million dream cruises..when the cash comes in I am ready...and it is sooo much fun to learn of cabin choices here..every time top choices are a quicker process...what would be good, better and best for my family..or just me...so thanks....from a real early planner and a last minute cheap cruiser..i am more and more ready... and all the folks you have helped with all the info here are grateful I am sure.... Thank you very much, Sarah

Serene..I plan a million dream cruises..when the cash comes in I am ready...and it is sooo much fun to learn of cabin choices here..every time top choices are a quicker process...what would be good, better and best for my family..or just me...so thanks....from a real early planner and a last minute cheap cruiser..i am more and more ready... and all the folks you have helped with all the info here are grateful I am sure.... Thank you very much, Sarah

Aww Sarah- that was very kind.

I spent considerable time on that last day with everyone getting off the ship taking tours of various cabins.

Now I am learning my way around Princess.

but have since discovered Aruba so I dont cruise as much any longer.. (sigh)_

Aww Sarah- that was very kind.

I spent considerable time on that last day with everyone getting off the ship taking tours of various cabins.

Now I am learning my way around Princess.

but have since discovered Aruba so I dont cruise as much any longer.. (sigh)_

I love Princess too, only have been once, but Grand class ships..elegant and love the mini-suite balconies..was on a FAM with a top seller (lucky me)..loved the top shelf free cocktails too LOL...smiles, Sarah

And I love land vacations on a tropical isle you like, congrats...stay around here...:).

I discovered C753 on the Grand Class- and I tried the mini suite on Emerald deck E731 and although the balcony was nice it was way to windy.

I will keep C753. When we were bookin Ruby it took me all through January and til February 10 to find that cabin available.

Its booked- 2013

I discovered C753 on the Grand Class- and I tried the mini suite on Emerald deck E731 and although the balcony was nice it was way to windy.

I will keep C753. When we were bookin Ruby it took me all through January and til February 10 to find that cabin available.

Its booked- 2013

Thanks..will keep note we were very slowly going around Catalina for 3 days LOL..Dolphin deck..close to elevators..my friends business partner had just passed and this big event was coming up...she wanted someone not in the business for all the darn questions..I lucked out as i had been along the ride since she moved to travel from another business,,,she got into cruise sales early enough..she will just do it until she is gone...and is all luxury now,,,,LOL a lot of fancy folks got off that short cruise with noses up in air...only Crystal would do..but I think Princess is almost Premium level with those ships and mini-suites rock...Sarah

Land tropical trips..well it's Hawaii, especially Maui and Kauai for me but i sure want to discover some Caribbean places...Sarah

we been to a few caribbean islands.

St thomas, St Johns, barbados, st kitts. cozumel grand cayman, and on and on. went on a cruise and discovered Aruba.

My son got Married in Maui on 10/10/10 at sunset.

I can not deal witht he 10+ hours of flight time.

Aruba is long enough

This is the deal..it is how close you live to what...agreed,,right now, until I get back to Oregon..or Washington.. it is 6 to one half dozen to the other almost for me...but a bit longer to there..so many flights required any way I look at it...Sarah

..First trip to tropical for me was Maui holiday week 79-80 when I was 19...lucky son..sweet memories..Sarah

What makes Aruba the best for you..and is it just people and mistakes..the scary stories??

Not to worry..don't want to much chit chat to wreck the order..but will check up more on Aruba..I like new as much as old favorites and calmer Caribbean water at the right times is the draw..but Hawaii in US is just the best too..don't give up on Kona on Big Island and all resort areas or Poipu Beach and a ride to North part in Kauai..if you have missed these places...Sarah

What makes Aruba the best for you..and is it just people and mistakes..the scary stories??

I think the media is what done Aruba in.

Aruba is the best in terms of total relaxation. its a slower paced island. quiet.

I was never a beach person until aruba- found it boring. and going in the water?? fish swim there-- yikes...LOL

go to Aruba--and I sit on the beach from 6am til 2pm take a shower-eat lunch take a nap. dinner walk the stip across from the hotel. bed.

The water has very little waves-- (caribbean sea) and it not murkey brown like we have over here on the east coast-- and I can see if a fish is coming or not.

I think the media is what done Aruba in.

Aruba is the best in terms of total relaxation. its a slower paced island. quiet.

I was never a beach person until aruba- found it boring. and going in the water?? fish swim there-- yikes...LOL

go to Aruba--and I sit on the beach from 6am til 2pm take a shower-eat lunch take a nap. dinner walk the stip across from the hotel. bed.

The water has very little waves-- (caribbean sea) and it not murkey brown like we have over here on the east coast-- and I can see if a fish is coming or not.

Thanks so very much Serene...sounds like BLISS...and quite frankly what your name would say you want..I want it too serene bliss..Hawaii gives me the same..in the quieter places..but my acct told me many more bathwater warm places there on your side..thanks be to God...tropical will always mean something supremely special to folks like us who live in cold...Sarah

Archived