Scenic tours ships

LHT28

Very comfortable. Shirt sleeves and if you feel a bit cool you can put on a light jumper.

It was good to get back on the ship today (Easter Sunday) after our 1 hr guided tour around Passau because light snow was falling. And this is their spring. :confused:

Cheers,

Avsec

Hi to those who are on board currently, I'm glad the crew are all looking after you. Who is your tour director by the way?

Kind regards,

Sam (go2trav)

The very enthusiastic Werney.

Cheers,

Avsec

Oh Fantastic! Please pass on my regards (tell him it's from the ex General Manager of Global Operations, Samantha). This is the first year I haven't been there for ship inspections, crew training and season kickoff in the last 4 years. (ie. now that I have moved on and started my own retail travel business - but still loyal to Scenic of course, sending lots of new and repeat guests their way). Tell him I hope he is behaving himself (tongue in cheek of course!).

Sam, spoke to Werney and passed on your regards. He said that he enjoyed working with you and wished you all the best in your new venture.

The crew were truly fabulous, they worked to please.

Cheers,

Avsec

There are definitely Australian plugs on board. However they are located under a bench in a recess on Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby that is not obvious. The only problem is that because of their location, only the round AC plugs fit in, not any of the bigger square AC/DC adaptor plugs (if you know what I mean).

And yes, the European round pins are also there in more convenient locations. The ships do have international converters but they often get loaned out quickly, so I'd advise to take one just in case.

Feel free to send me a message directly if you have any other questions. I was the GM of Global Operations for Scenic and know the ships inside out.

Cheers,

Sam

We are happy to take a couple of adaptors so we can use European as well as our Australian but is there a power outlet near the bed? DH travels with a sleep machine and long extenstion cords would be a bit inconvenient.

Just got home from scenic ruby and there are definitly power outlets on both sides of the bed, but they are european pins. But an adaptor will fit on fine. You may have to remove the clock to use it, so a battery travel alarm clock might be handy to have with you.

We had a fantastic cruise, the boat was amazing and the crew were so fantastic. Werney, our cruise director, absolutely gave his maximum effort to ensure we had the best time possible. Still jet lagged and brain not functioning too well tonight, but if you have any questions, I will be happy to try and answer them. Regards, KJ

Just got home from scenic ruby and there are definitly power outlets on both sides of the bed, but they are european pins. But an adaptor will fit on fine. You may have to remove the clock to use it, so a battery travel alarm clock might be handy to have with you.

We had a fantastic cruise, the boat was amazing and the crew were so fantastic. Werney, our cruise director, absolutely gave his maximum effort to ensure we had the best time possible. Still jet lagged and brain not functioning too well tonight, but if you have any questions, I will be happy to try and answer them. Regards, KJ

Glad you had a good trip

When you are over your jet lag maybe you can give a review

Thanks for the information so far

Lyn

Thanks Kathryn, that is very helpful. The bit about the clock was interesting as I read on another post that there were no clocks in the cabins. I am unable so far to discover which boat we are on (Budapest July 6th) but I gather they are much the same. I'm glad you had a great time and hope ours goes as smoothly. Robyn

• 2 weeks later...

The Scenic Space Ships are all sister-ships and should be the same. The only exception is Scenic Crystal which is brand new and different. (and spectacular!) It has the best shower I've ever seen on a cruise ship.

The Scenic Space Ships are all sister-ships and should be the same. The only exception is Scenic Crystal which is brand new and different. (and spectacular!) It has the best shower I've ever seen on a cruise ship.

I did not think the Crystal was in service yet??

I was on the maiden voyage from Amsterdam to Rudesheim where the ship was christened. It contained only Scenic staff, travel agents and press. She will take on her first REAL passengers in a couple of days now. :)

I was on the maiden voyage from Amsterdam to Rudesheim where the ship was christened. It contained only Scenic staff, travel agents and press. She will take on her first REAL passengers in a couple of days now. :)

Thanks

Enjoy the trip

• 2 months later...

Hi, go2trav, could you please tell me what to expect weather wise in early

August, my friend and I will be travelling from Budapest to Amsterdam on the scenic Emerald on the 6th .

trudlz:D

Hi, go2trav, could you please tell me what to expect weather wise in early

August, my friend and I will be travelling from Budapest to Amsterdam on the scenic Emerald on the 6th .

trudlz:D

Not GO2TRAV

but I would expect HOT in Budapest

You can check the weather at

http://www.wunderground.com/

Add the towns to your favourites then just check a few days before you leave for the extended forecast

We left Buda pest the end of June it was 30C + & humid

Archived