Best Western Plus-Seawall Inn & Suites

Traci1960

I am booked on the Bloggers Cruise 5! (Woot-Woot!) and just booked the above hotel for Saturday night (pre-cruise) Admittedly the reviews are mixed...We specially chose this hotel since it states there are restaraunts within walking distance (Chilies is only 1/2 mile down the road) as well as across the street from the beach. We will not have a car. It is also less than 3 miles from the pier.....

Has anybody stayed here lately? Can anybody ease my fears that this will work out ok? The rooms were only $90. which seemed good, but that could mean the hotel is less than acceptable???

Any input would be greatly appreciated...

I am booked on the Bloggers Cruise 5! (Woot-Woot!) and just booked the above hotel for Saturday night (pre-cruise) Admittedly the reviews are mixed...We specially chose this hotel since it states there are restaraunts within walking distance (Chilies is only 1/2 mile down the road) as well as across the street from the beach. We will not have a car. It is also less than 3 miles from the pier.....

Has anybody stayed here lately? Can anybody ease my fears that this will work out ok? The rooms were only $90. which seemed good, but that could mean the hotel is less than acceptable???

Any input would be greatly appreciated...

I assume that you are talking about the Best Western Beach front Inn in Galveston,we have stayed there before our last 2 cruises and found it to be a good place to stay.The staff was very friendly,the free continental breakfast was pretty good(including make your own waffles),there is mexican food restaurant right next door(Tortugas) and other restaurants not to far away.Hope that helps.

Actually - I think there are 2 Best Westerns on the Island - This one is at 102 Seawall Blvd...I believe the other Best Western is around 5900 Seawall Blvd....We chose it because it showed a CHILI's within walking distance (No Tortugas) This one is near Stewart Beach??

We also booked that Best Western at 102 Seawall Boul for our August 2012 cruise but the reviews are not very good:(

Trying to decide if we stay there or not:confused:

I'm thinking about booking somewhere else, but I really can't make up my mind. Last year we stayed in the Clear Lake area, but I really want to stay in Galveston.

Just changed my reservation from the Best Western to the springhill suites by marriott houston clear lake/webster hotel.

Nice place, nice price! Feels better than the B-W;)

We stayed at the Springhill Suites Clear Lake last year, and I really liked it there. I like that area. Happy Cruising!!

i just booked this hotel a few nights ago for my upcoming cruise on the magic dec. 4. it looks nice on the site. im not too picky. the price was only $85 for the night and since our flight doesnt get into houston until about 1230pm we dont need to spend alot of money, just a bed for a few hours. it said it was near a few restaurants and a CVS (wine lol)

Archived