TV and Ipod question

Mickeylee

From what I understand the cruiselines have a pretty much closed circuit TV. My son and his friend brought their PlayStation to use in their room and were unable to connect it. And if two teenage boys couldn't figure it out, I am pretty sure that it can't be done. You would be better off bringing a personal DVD player or using a laptop then trying to connect your ipod to the tv.

On the last cruise onboard the Jewel I had an engineer come to the room to try and activate it.

He told me they have locked down all the TV's with the hotel mode and de-activated the inputs on the TV's fleetwide.

I brought a universal remote and trying to de-activate the TV was a futile effort.

Your best bet is to bring a small pair or speakers or a aux cable for your laptop.

It used to be possible to do this on the older ships that still had older TVs in the cabins. Now that most if not all ships have the flat panel TVs, the inputs are disabled/locked. I'm disappointed because we DID use my iPod connected to the TV to watch some shows I had downloaded when we were on Rhapsody several years ago. I wonder why they can't change this policy of locking us out of the TVs?

It used to be possible to do this on the older ships that still had older TVs in the cabins. Now that most if not all ships have the flat panel TVs, the inputs are disabled/locked. I'm disappointed because we DID use my iPod connected to the TV to watch some shows I had downloaded when we were on Rhapsody several years ago. I wonder why they can't change this policy of locking us out of the TVs?

Everything these days comes down to KISS (Keep it simple stupid). If they lock it out then they don't have to deal with all the calls from people who can't figure out how to get it back regular channels so they can watch a re-run of the Not so Newlywed show. :rolleyes:

Archived