How are NCL CTN out of NYC?

valtandc

I was on the Dawn about 7 years ago. Recently have done Carnival Miracle out of NYC a few times. Most recently the 2 night Cruise to nowhere.

I am considering booking the CTN 3 nighter on Gem next September. Can anyone share the typical demographics with me? This one is over a weekend so my guess there will be more kids than when I did Thursday to saturday.

Thanks.

It'll be fun. I've done some NCL 1 and 2 nighters and enjoyed each of them. I was on the Miracle CTN last month too. Fun as well. That Friday at sea was so beautifully sunny for quite awhile! I couldn't believe the waterslide was open and I had no bathing suit along! :mad:

I think the demographics are about the same on most CTNs. Many ages, lots of groups, families, couples, and I'm sure some singles!

I do CTNs every year and have done 4 on the Gem out of NYC. They are a lot of fun. If it is cold weather like January, just keep in mind that most people will be inside and it will be more crowded than usual. Even in the winter, people are in the hot tubs but they close the deck if the weather gets bad. I just was on the Dawn this past weekend during the Nor'easter, by the way.

There are a lot of girlfriend's getaway groups, family reunions, sometimes a wedding, college aged kids, couples, etc. Very few children.

We've done 3 CTNs and loved 'em all. Like others have said, it is crowded, but for one or two nights its a lot of fun.

Prices on these have really gone up and not sure we will do another one for a while. Between the higher cabin price and the big onboard account we seem to rack up so quickly the value doesn't seem what it used to be.

That being said they are a lot of fun!

I was on the Dawn about 7 years ago. Recently have done Carnival Miracle out of NYC a few times. Most recently the 2 night Cruise to nowhere.

I am considering booking the CTN 3 nighter on Gem next September. Can anyone share the typical demographics with me? This one is over a weekend so my guess there will be more kids than when I did Thursday to saturday.

Thanks.

Are you sure it is 3 nights? I know of one at the end of September, but it's 2 nights.

CTNs are great! all depends on what strikes your fancy...here is a makeshift list from the home office in Omaha, NE...The Top Ten Reasons ZoneHPH Thinks People Sail CTNs (you may not agree with the order or contents, but it's what came into my head):

10) quick getaway

9) bachelor/bachelorette parties

8) it's there...so why not! (oh wait...that sounded a bit RCI-like).

7) edit #8...it's there...so...WHATEVER!

6) it will hafta do, if you don't have a cruise coming up soon.

5) pre-cruise to the 7 day cruise that follows the CTN (a B2B of sorts)

4) miami people can hop on cruise ships all year long. so can NYers!

3) counts towards Latitudes (until i learn what the new program will entail).

2) for some...a CTN on a ship costs about the same as a wknd in NYC.

and the number one Reason ZoneHPH Thinks People Sail CTNs:

1) "Unlimited Duty Free purchases...We'll pay the duty"

Archived