Question about Asia cruises....

cmpaula

We seem to have cleared up the Singapore docking.

Now, does anyone have any experience of private tours from Phu My to HCM City? Nothing on RCI site yet.

With just over 100 days to go this thread does not have many posts.

Cheers

yea, not many posts yet.

• 1 month later...

Hey Iluvcruising -

We have arranged for our Shanghai hotel to pick us up from the cruise port that we are docking at - Baoshan . I assume that we can take our own luggage off , go through Immigration and then get into our waiting transport and not have to take the bus to the other terminal ?? ( your quote below ):confused:

""Last year, Legend also docked at Shanghai Baoshan. We had to dock at the container port, I think it will be the same for Voyager OTS. After you get off the ship, you go through immigration, then you'll be put on a bus to the main cruise terminal which is much closer to the Bund. Note that this bus journey is quite long - about 30 to 45 minutes depending on the traffic."

At the cruise terminal, that is where you collect your big luggage, then proceed to your own pickups.

Hello.

We are going on Legend Of The Seas in October half term holiday for 8 days Asia cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore.

This thread is really interesting. I was beginning to ge a bit worried because I hadn't really considered th make up of the other guests until I started reading it. I hadn't thought about the food or the language differences. It is no problem at all and will, I'm sure only add to the interest of this already quite 'exotic' cruise!

My main worry really is that the kids will enjoy there time aboard (there's a lot of fascinating sight seeing to be done on shore days.

We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage daughters (17 & 14) and are travelling with friends who are also a family of 4 with 2 teenage daughters the same ages as ours. We ar really excited and know we will have great fun with our friends.

I have been scouring this excellent and very informative forum, but I cant find the answer I'm looking for! I'm concerned there won't be any more teenagers on he cruise as everything seems to point to the Asia cruises being mainly made up of Older and Asian passengers. As anyone with teenagers will know, teenagers just love to hang out with other teenagers! Both families have cruised before, but in the Carribbean, and the kids had an absolute blast.

Please...does anyone have any idea of what we should expect?? Legend appears to be an 'invisable' ship on these forums :-(

Thanks

PP x

Thanks

PP x

Hey Iluvcruising -

We have arranged for our Shanghai hotel to pick us up from the cruise port that we are docking at - Baoshan . I assume that we can take our own luggage off , go through Immigration and then get into our waiting transport and not have to take the bus to the other terminal ?? ( your quote below ):confused:

""Last year, Legend also docked at Shanghai Baoshan. We had to dock at the container port, I think it will be the same for Voyager OTS. After you get off the ship, you go through immigration, then you'll be put on a bus to the main cruise terminal which is much closer to the Bund. Note that this bus journey is quite long - about 30 to 45 minutes depending on the traffic."

At the cruise terminal, that is where you collect your big luggage, then proceed to your own pickups.

Hi,

No, I don't think that is possible, at least based on my experience last year. You may want to double check with Royal to see if the situation is the same this year.

The immigration clearance is within the container port. There was this small building where we were taken to have our passports checked & stamped.

In gist this is what happened:

1) Ship was docked at container port

2) Get off the ship, board a bus.

3) Bus ride only about 2 to 3 minutes to this small building.

4) Passport check and stamped.

5) Board the bus again, this time for a 45 minute or so ride to the cruise terminal nearer the center of the city.

6) At the cruise terminal, we could collect our bags.

7) Then most passengers would head to the taxi queue to get a cab.

In your case, I suspect the hotel pick-up would likely be waiting for you at the cruise terminal building, rather than the little building for immigration checks within the container port.

Hello.

We are going on Legend Of The Seas in October half term holiday for 8 days Asia cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore.

This thread is really interesting. I was beginning to ge a bit worried because I hadn't really considered th make up of the other guests until I started reading it. I hadn't thought about the food or the language differences. It is no problem at all and will, I'm sure only add to the interest of this already quite 'exotic' cruise!

My main worry really is that the kids will enjoy there time aboard (there's a lot of fascinating sight seeing to be done on shore days.

We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage daughters (17 & 14) and are travelling with friends who are also a family of 4 with 2 teenage daughters the same ages as ours. We ar really excited and know we will have great fun with our friends.

I have been scouring this excellent and very informative forum, but I cant find the answer I'm looking for! I'm concerned there won't be any more teenagers on he cruise as everything seems to point to the Asia cruises being mainly made up of Older and Asian passengers. As anyone with teenagers will know, teenagers just love to hang out with other teenagers! Both families have cruised before, but in the Carribbean, and the kids had an absolute blast.

Please...does anyone have any idea of what we should expect?? Legend appears to be an 'invisable' ship on these forums :-(

Thanks

PP x

Thanks

PP x

Don't worry! I'm sure you'll have fun, even if there aren't many other teenagers around. Just enjoy.

Thanks again for the reply Iluvcruising2 ,

Am I reading your post correctly ?? -- Royal Caribbean buses the whole ship from the ship to immigration and then one terminal to the other as well as moving all the luggage ?. That is extraordinary:confused: . Moving 3000 people on buses must be a logistical nightmare not to mention the time it would take ???. I will try and get an answer from Royal Caribbean as that sounds crazy.

Thanks again for the reply Iluvcruising2 ,

Am I reading your post correctly ?? -- Royal Caribbean buses the whole ship from the ship to immigration and then one terminal to the other as well as moving all the luggage ?. That is extraordinary:confused: . Moving 3000 people on buses must be a logistical nightmare not to mention the time it would take ???. I will try and get an answer from Royal Caribbean as that sounds crazy.

You are right, based on our experience with Legend OTS sailing from Singapore to Shanghai in June 2011.

The Legend docked at the container port. We had to take a bus to the immigration (very short ride), and then board the bus again after getting our passport stamps for a 30-40 minute ride to the main cruise terminal where we could collect our luggage and then subsequently find our own way. In our case, we took a taxi to our hotel.

All passengers had to go through the above. There was no way to walk from the ship to the cruise terminal.

Here is CafeDB's post in the other thread

No mention of being bused to another terminal in Shanghai .

"]I have emailed RC Asia and nailed down the port addresses for Singapore and Shanghai so we can stop speculating[Here are their responses

"Check-in will take place at the International Cruise Terminal 61 Marina

Coastal Drive, Singapore 018947. Please take note that check-in will close

2 hours prior to the scheduled sail time. More information will be provided in your electronic cruise documents closer to your sail date"

[Looks like we will "make history" as one of the first ships to sail out of this new terminal.... hmmm .. I hope this doesn't mean we'll be guinea pigs for opening hiccups too :o

"Please find below the port address for your sailing,

Port Baoshan Shanghai Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal

No. 1, Baoyang Road, Baoshan District, Shanghai

Kindly note that there is no complimentary transport service from the city

center to the port terminal. I presume this was in answer to my query whether they provide a shuttle from the ship to the downtown port terminal[/

Our ships will dock at Baoshan Terminal at 5am.

Guests may meet their friends and relatives approximately 5.30am at the

lobby area of the port."

Archived